No Matter What. (MCR/Dad!Gerard Way x Bisexual!Reader)

════════════════

Note: This was requested by a user on Tumblr.

════════════════

════════════════

Gerard had always been the exceedingly protective father type. From the moment he first held you in his arms and looked into your sparkling eyes as you smiled at him, he vowed to try as hard as possible to make sure that you were always happy until the second he took his final breath. When your mother died, the urge to protect you and make you happy increased tenfold, and kept increasing even 'til this day. You were the centre of his whole world, and more important to him than anything had ever been.

Being Gerard's little girl, it was only natural that the other MCR guys loved you to pieces and treated you as their own.

Mikey was more of a second dad to you than an uncle; when your mom passed, he stepped in immediately to help Gerard raise you and was always there for you in times when Gerard was unable to do so. You couldn't wish for a better godfather.

Frank – obviously – was the totally awesome, anything-goes, extremely hilarious uncle who you'd turn to whenever you needed to let off some steam - which he was more than willing to help you do; he even gave you your first cup of alcohol when you were thirteen (which your dad still knows nothing about. And that's a very good thing, considering he'd kill the both of you if he found out).

Ray, being the most reserved out of the four guys, was like your own personal life coach. Whenever you needed advice on something, or needed help making a decision, he was the one you'd turn to. 

Which is why he was the first one you came out to.

"So, bisexual, huh?"

"Yup," you replied, popping the 'p' and nodding, "That okay?"

"Of course, (Y/N)! You're still you; it's not like anything's changed. I don't care what your sexuality is, as long as you're happy with yourself."

"Thanks, Uncle Ray," you hugged him.

"No problem, sugar," he hugged you back, "What did your dad say?"

"I, uh, haven't told him yet. You're the only one who knows."

Ray pulled away from you hastily. "What? (Y/N), as honored as I am that you would come to me first, I really think your dad should've been the first one you told."

"That's why I'm here! Or more specifically, why I told you," you ran a hand through your hair and sighed in frustration, "I have no idea how to tell him."

"You had quite an easy time telling me," Ray pointed out.

"Yeah, but, he's my dad. And I'm just scared that this isn't what he'd want, and I can't handle him being disappointed in me," you said softly.

"(Y/N), are you crazy? There's nothing in this world that Gerard loves more than you and if you think that you being bi is going to change that or make him feel any different towards you, you're seriously wrong."

"Woah, you're bi?" Frank walked into the tour bus, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Yes," you said slowly, not knowing how he'd react.

"Huh, who would've thought," he responded while dropping onto the sofa, "Like father, like daughter."

"WHAT?"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," Frank raised both hands in defence as he giggled, "Mostly."

You shot him a glare and gave him a light smack across the head, making him laugh even more.

"Who else knows?" he questioned after his laughter stopped.

"Other than you and Uncle Ray, no one."

"Who else knows what?" Mikey asked confusedly, entering the bus with a pack of beers in his hand.

"Oh, for fuuu- UGH, this is not how I planned this would happen," you plopped onto the sofa and let out a loud groan as you hung your head in defeat.

"(Y/N) has something important she'd like to tell you. She hasn't told Gerard yet, 'cause she's scared about how he'll react, but I told her it won't change anything," Ray attempted to explain; yet this only made Mikey a million times more anxious.

"I'm bisexual," you confessed rather easily; not sure whether the newfound comfortableness stemmed from the fact that you'd already come out twice in the last five minutes to two of the most important people in your life, or whether it was just because Mikey looked so scared.

"Oh, thank god!" Mikey exclaimed, relieved; you and the other two sharing perplexed glances.

"Er, that's not exactly the reaction I was exp- hey," Mikey had rushed over and cradled you into his arms, planting a kiss on top of your head.

"Fucking hell, I thought you were gonna say that you're pregnant!"

"Who's pregnant?" Gerard strolled through the door, looking every bit as confused as Mikey had a few minutes ago.

The bus went silent as everyone looked everywhere except at Gerard.

"Hello? Is anyone gonna answer me?"

You broke free from Mikey's embrace and took a few steps towards your dad. "Dad, I-"

"Oh, fuck, (Y/N), didn't I tell you to always-"

"Dad, relax! I'm not pregnant."

"You-you're not?"

"No, I'm not," you took a deep breath and closed your eyes, trying to gather your thoughts, "But, I am bi."

"Bi as in-"

"Bisexual? Yes."

"Oh. Okay."

You were a bit taken aback at your dad's almost non-existent response, having expected something completely different. "Okay? That's it? You're not mad or..."

"Mad? Why would I be mad? There's nothing wrong with being bi, babygirl. Besides, when someone has a child, it is – or at least it should be – unconditional love. If I can love you with your room looking like it does, I'm pretty sure I can love you being happy."

"Thank you," you smiled a teary smile and flung yourself into his arms, "I love you."

"I love you too. No matter what."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x