Starbucks Lovers. (Part 2) (Gerard Way x Reader)

════════════════

Note: This is really shitty and I apologise.

════════════════

"Coffee is really yummy. You like coffee a lot, right? I don't know that. Because I don't sit and watch you drink coffee in the quad every day. But you love coffee, right? Because I love coffee."

"I'm seriously starting to wonder if you're a serial killer," you laughed slightly, eyebrows raised as your eyes travelled towards Gerard's right leg, which was rapidly bouncing up and down. It stopped when he noticed your gaze on it, though.

Letting out a nervous chuckle at your comment, Gerard looked down at his sweaty palms, a look of disgust evident on his face, though only for a few seconds before he wiped them urgently on his jeans.

"I'm sorry," he said with an apologetic grin. "It's just that I'm really nervous. As I'm sure you can tell."

"Why? If anyone should be nervous, it's me. You're the rockstar here."

"Yeah, well..." he trailed off, averting his gaze towards the menu board instead of your eyes.

"Well?" you urged, grabbing a forkful of blueberry muffin.

"You'relikereallyprettyandI'vekindahadateenytinycrushonyoueversinceyouspilledyourcoffeeonmethatonetimeandIknowthatit'snotexactlyokayformetohavearomanticintrestinyoubecauseI'msupposedtobeyourmentorbutdamnitIcan'ttakeitanymore."

It was quiet between the two of you for a moment as you tried to process what Gerard had just said; your eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Could you, um, repeat that? Maybe a bit slower this time?"

A pained expression spread over Gerard's face. Taking a deep breath, he tried to regain his composure before trying to speak again.

"You're, like, really pretty and I've kinda had a teeny tiny crush on you ever since you spilled your coffee on me that one time and I know that it's not exactly okay for me to have a romantic interest in you because I'm supposed to be your mentor but damn it, I can't take it anymore." He looked at you hopefully, silently praying that you'd feel remotely the same and not reject him.

"You-you have a crush... on me?" you gestured to yourself in disbelief, still not being able to fully comprehend Gerard's confession.

"Yes..." Gerard's leg had begun bouncing again.

"But why?"

He looked at you as if the answer to your question was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why? How could I not?" he shook his head as if not understanding how you couldn't see why he felt the way he felt about you. "Like I said, you're really pretty. Like, really pretty. You're fucking gorgeous. And you don't even have to try. You could just be sitting on the grass with your friends, talking and laughing, and you'd have me mesmerized by your beauty; I could never look away. Sometimes during Music, when I was supposed to be looking over the others' progress, I'd just look at you instead," he looked down into his lap and blushed, ashamed of his actions, worried that it might scare you away. When you didn't show any signs of wanting to run off, he continued. "You'd be writing notes down, or composing a song and you'd scrunch your nose up and it would be the cutest thing ever. And you're so incredibly talented! You have the voice of an angel and I would be the happiest person alive if I could listen to you sing for hours on end. I love how you're so humble about it, too; you really don't realise how insanely talented you are. Then there's your smile. My God, your smile. I get butterflies just thinking about it. You're just so fucking perfect, (Y/N). Everything you do, everything you say, you have me completely at your mercy. You have from the moment we met."

You opened and closed your mouth a few times, trying to speak but not being able to think of anything to say.

"Please say something," Gerard looked at you with imploring eyes. "Say you feel the same, say you could never feel the same, say you don't know but please just say something. Please," he begged.

"Gerard, I... that was... the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me."

You reached across the table to slip your fingers between the fingers of his slightly shaky hands, looking into his hazel eyes as you did so. He caressed your knuckles with his thumbs, smiling lovingly at you. "So does that mean that you-"

"Feel the same way? Honestly?"

Gerard looked at you expectantly, eyes filled with hope.

You inhaled deeply. "No. To be honest, Mikey was always my favourite Way brother."

Gerard looked like he'd just been shot.

"I'm joking!" you exclaimed quickly, cupping his face in both of your hands and planting a soft kiss on his lips. "I'm joking. Of course I feel the same. I've dreamt about this moment ever since I starting listening to My Chemical Romance."

"And I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," he said. You could hear the relief in his voice.

"We only met just over a month ago."

"True. But I always dreamt that I'd meet you one day," he said, smiling from ear-to-ear.

"You're so cliché."

"Everything that's happened between us since the moment we met has been cliché," he giggled.

"True. Speaking of how we met, don't you think we should actually get some work done?" you reached into your bag and grabbed a notepad and pen.

Gerard looked confused for a moment. "What do you mean wor- OH! Right! Mentoring. You know, we should totally do a duet."

"Yeah, we could do a MCR song! Oh, and as a bonus, I can be Frank so you have an excuse to kiss me on stage!"

You almost died laughing at the look on Gerard's face. He, however, was nowhere near amused.

"Ya know what, I take everything back. I think I'll just stick with Starbucks as my lover."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x