Husband Material. (Tyler Joseph x Reader)

It was what had become a typical Sunday afternoon for you. Meaning this had been your faithful routine for the last however many months. You were sprawled out on one of the sofas, blanket draped over your legs and the TV playing in the background while you browsed through your phone. The only major difference was the presence of your husband, who had just finished touring and had arrived home a few days prior.

"Hey, feel my shirt."

Without looking up from the device in your hand, you extended a hand to your right, fingers grasping Tyler's shirt.

"Y'know what that is?" he grinned.

"Cotton?"

His face fell. "No, it's husband material."

"No, I'm pretty sure it's cotton."

Tyler huffed dramatically, clearly upset that you weren't playing along. "(Y/N), I just wanted to be cute. Why can't you let me be cute?"

"But we're already married?"

"NEVERMIND."

He groaned and folded his arms over his chest, mumbling angrily while flicking through channels.

Ignoring your husband's childishness, you directed your attention back to your phone and opened Instagram.

The first picture on your timeline filled you with uncontrollable laughter.

"What?" Tyler turned to you, eyebrows furrowed as he leaned over to try and get a glimpse of the tiny screen, which was displaying a picture that was killing you with laughter.

You immediately recoiled, and tried your hardest to keep your husband from seeing what was on your screen. "Nothing, it's nothing."

"Oh, really? If it's nothing then why can't I see it?" He jumped on top of you in an attempt to grab your arm and bring your phone closer to his reach.

"No-no reason," you squeaked, an involuntary giggle passing through your lips.

"You're a terrible liar, angel. Now give. Me. The phone."

"Okay, okay, but can you get off of me first?"

Tyler apprehensively went back to his previous position on the couch, extending his hand and expecting you to place your phone in it.

But rather, you ran.

"Damn it, (Y/N)!" Tyler's voice echoed around your house, chasing you from room to room; his body quickly following suit.

You made your way into the kitchen, scurrying around the island as Tyler entered the room a mere 3 seconds later.

Curse those basketball legs.

It was like cat-and-mouse from then on; you tried to run one way, he tried to block you. Eventually, after you ran back into the living room, Tyler got close enough to tackle you and that's exactly what he did. A scream escaped from your throat as you felt yourself fall towards the sofa; Tyler exclaiming triumphantly as he successfully retrieved your phone after prying them from your tightly clamped, slender fingers.

You scrambled to your feet and tried to stop Tyler from looking at the picture, but he effortlessly held you off with one hand.

"Ty, I'm serious, don't-" Your husband's eyes darted to the screen and he produced a gasp dripping with shock and offense. "look at the picture."

No words were uttered as you stood staring at Tyler, who was staring at your phone.

"My thumbs aren't that weird!"

You didn't respond.

"Are they?" he asked, wide-eyed.

"Eh..."

"Oh, my goodness! You hate them, don't you?" Tyler frantically examined his hands before attempting to shove them into his jean pockets, wanting to shield them from your view.

"No, Tyler," you grabbed his hands and brought his thumbs up to your lips to kiss them. "I love them. I love everything about you."

"You sure?" he questioned, shyly.

"What were you gonna do if I wasn't? Get a thumb job?" you asked, mildly amused. "Yes, babe, I'm sure."

"You don't mind looking at them until I die?"

"I married you, didn't I?" You kissed his lips and took hold of his thumbs again, bringing his attention to them too. "They're not weird. In fact, they're husband material."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x