Do This Again | Awsten

You're in a park with your friend Awsten...

You really want to hold his hand. You want to hold his hand so much. This is your first not-date-date. You've been talking for literally a few days, but you invited him out, and he said yes.

You like him a lot already. There's something about him that just...draws you in. You don't know if it's his different colored eyes or his fading purple hair, but you're just intrigued by his existence.

The first day you saw him in class, you thought he was kind of different. You still think he's different, but in a more normal way—whatever that means. He's artistic and utterly fascinating. The first time you sat beside him, he was drawing something. You just watched him, entranced.

The pencil glided across the page, and the drawing grew closer and closer to completion. And then class began, and he had to stop. You looked away before he could see you staring. You don't know why, but you didn't want him to know you were watching him draw. It's like that would destroy the atmosphere or something. He's always so focused on drawing that everything fades away, and you can tell. You love that about him.

Today, you're sitting on a bench watching him draw again. You just love it.

"Why did you want to go out with me, anyway?" he suddenly asks.

You blink and clear your throat. "Well I like you. You seem nice," you tell him.

He laughs slightly. "I'm not nice."

You can't help it: you burst into laughter. He starts laughing, too.

"What?" he asks, and you just keep laughing. Something about the way he said it was so utterly hilarious that you cannot stop laughing.

"I'm sorry. That was funny as fuck," you say, and he giggles slightly.

"It's the truth. I'm a horrible person. I'll eat your heart while you sleep," he tells you, making you laugh harder.

"I think I would wake up," you comment, and he looks to you.

"You wouldn't." His face is so serious. And then he bursts into laughter.

"Fucking hell," you laugh, and he giggles. His laugh is infectious. You could listen to it all day if he let you.

"I'm not kidding."

"About what?"

"I'm horrible and I will eat your foot in your sleep."

"I thought you were going to eat my heart?" you reply, trying not to laugh.

"That too," he replies, going back to his drawing.

You watch as he continues, and you really want to take his picture. He looks ethereal in this moment. He was just talking about eating your heart, but he still looks beautiful. His eyelashes are so long, and his eyes shine in the falling sun.

"What do you want to do after this?" he asks after a moment, and you let out a breath. He draws another curved line.

"Anything you want."

"I want to kiss you but I don't know if we're there yet," he replies casually, making you nearly choke on air.

"You what?"

"Kiss?" he looks to you, his eyes gorgeous in the sunlight.

"You're serious?"

"I'm always serious," he replies, and you raise an eyebrow. "About kissing," he adds.

You look into his eyes; time seems to slow. "Then do it," you whisper breathlessly. His eyes flicker to your lips, and then it all moves in fast-motion. His hand moves to your face, pulling you into him as his lips meet yours. He tastes sweet. His lips are soft and warm against yours. They feel perfect against yours.

His hand moves behind your neck, pulling you even closer. Your heart is beating rapidly in your chest, making you feel breathless and giddy. Everything feels like it's moving too fast, and then it freezes. Your lips meeting, your breathing in sync, your hearts beating. It goes around and around: fast, freeze, fast, freeze.

It takes you a moment to realize that your hand is tightly gripping his, and your other hand is fisted in his shirt, pulling him into you.

You pull apart breathlessly, and your eyes meet his bright blue/green ones. He smiles slightly. Time returns to normal.

"That was nice."

"It really was."

"We should do this again," he says.

"The kissing or the going out?"

He grins. "Both."

A/N

it's been so long since I've written that I've forgotten how to do it