Scream Part 2 | Awsten

The next day, he sits on his bed, staring at the wall absently. He thinks back to when they would be on this very bed together.

And then he starts screaming.

"We're leaving," Geoff says, grabbing the purple-haired boy and pulling him to his feet.

"She left me," he cries, and Geoff groans.

"Just come," he says, pulling him out of the room. He pushes him into the car, and Otto climbs in back.

"Where are we going?" Awsten asks, and Geoff shakes his head.

They fall silent, the only sound the sound of the car engine.

After a while, they arrive at the park.

"You brought him to the park? He's not a dog," Otto comments from the back seat.

"He needs something to shock him out of this weird Groundhog Day thing he's got going on," Geoff replies, getting out of the car. Awsten steps out and looks around. He remembers coming here on dates with her. He can practically feel her hand in his. What did he do wrong? Did he say he loved her too early? Was she not ready to hear it?

"Come on," Geoff tells him, and the three of them start walking into the park. It's a cool and comfortable day, but the atmosphere around the three of them is anything but.

The air is fresh, the grass smelling strong and new. There are a few other people in the park, and some stare at the boys—although that's nothing new given how attractive they are.

A group of young girls sit on a bench, and one of them waves slightly at Awsten. He ignores her—at least she thinks that, but the reality is that he didn't even seen her. For right in front of him, his girlfri—ex-girlfriend is having a fucking picnic with some guy.

"Oh shit," Geoff says quietly. What are the odds? He brought Awsten here to get over her, and that girl is right here on a date with someone.

"That was our spot," Awsten says quietly. Geoff puts a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

You can see the pain in his eyes as he stares at the girl—the girl he still loves—sitting there with another man.

Emotions rush through his mind, and the two boys can see it on his face. He's sad. He's angry. He's confused. But the thing that is apparent the most is that he feels betrayed.

It isn't that she was cheating or didn't love him. She just couldn't be that person for him. She never wanted to hurt him. And she wished she could have told him that. Even as she sits with her new boyfriend, her mind wanders to Awsten. He was special. Nobody could compare to him; it was just she couldn't be with him. He was too good for her.

That's when she looks toward him. She gasps softly. "Awsten."

He can't even hear her. He can't see her for that matter. His eyes are too blurred by his tears.

"I'm sorry," she says. "I don't deserve you."

But he doesn't hear.

"I need to get out of here," he says, turning around. He almost trips, but Geoff catches him. He pulls him to the car, and nobody says another word as Geoff pulls the car out of the parking lot and leaves.

Awsten sits in the passenger seat, tears blurring his eyes.

It takes him another week of pain before he finally snaps out of his nightmare.

He's on a walk, not really paying attention to his surroundings. Geoff basically forced him out of the house, trying to get him out of the room.

He looks down at his feet as he walks; the air is cold as it cuts into his skin.

"Hey," someone says, and he looks up. It's a girl about his age. She smiles slightly. "You okay?"

"Not really," he replies. They both stop walking, and she meets his eyes.

"I wanted to say that I love your hair," she says, making him smile a bit.

"Thanks."

She peers into his eyes, almost to the extent of making him uncomfortable. She seems to notice.

"I'm sorry. I just noticed how your eyes are two different colors," she says, and he immediately looks down. "I didn't mean it in a bad way," she says quickly. "They're so beautiful. I'd never seen eyes so cool."

He looks up again, his cheeks flushed. "Thanks."

"What's your name?" she asks. "I'm y/n."

"Awsten," he replies. "With a 'w'," he adds.

"That's cute," she says, a smile on her lips. "I like you, Awsten with a 'w'. Would you like to have coffee together?"

He looks into her eyes for a moment before smiling. "Sure."

———

It wasn't easy, but with time, she healed the wounds in his heart. His pain lessened with each day they spent together. Eventually, he wouldn't think about the break up for days—and then, barely at all. He had moved on, and life was bright once more.

A/N

I don't even know what compelled me to write this but it happened

And like it breaks my heart to think of Awsten being anything but happy because he deserves to be happy all the time. 

Awsten is just someone who elicits a lot of strong emotions from me, and everything with him is just so much deeper.

idk I liked this and also didn't like this