Blur | Awsten

Whenever you look at him, you get this feeling...

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asks, and you smile slightly.

"I just love you a lot," you respond, making his cheeks flush slightly. He smiles and looks away sheepishly.

"I love you, too," he replies, mumbling a bit from embarrassment. He pulls down his sleeves more, making them sweater paws.

Every single time you look at him, you get this strange sensation. A warmth washes over you, and the entire world blurs. Only he's vivid. Your heart starts beating faster, but it's not a rush. It's something softer. It's like a cloud envelops you with him. You forget to breathe for a moment, and your eyes come to the brink of brimming with tears. It's overwhelming and comforting at the same time.

"It's like you go off somewhere with that look," he comments, and you meet his eyes.

"I do," you respond. He studies your face and reaches out, touching your cheek softly.

"Where?"

"I don't know," you reply honestly.

His hand is warm, and you feel the sleeve of his hoodie against your skin. You close your eyes once and breathe in. He smells sweet, and you notice a hint of something like blueberry. Probably because he was eating them a while ago.

You can feel his breath on your lips, and you smile.

"Are you going to kiss me, you blueberry?"

"You are what you eat," he responds before leaning in. His lips meet yours; he tastes like blueberries. It was expected, but it's still nice.

When you kiss him, you always feel your heart flutter. Your mind blurs because you only feel him. It's like his entire being melts into you, rendering everything but him fake and plastic.

You feel warm, and it's not just because he's opening up his hoodie and wrapping it around you as well. You move your hands inside the hoodie, wrapping your arms around him.

You move a leg over both of his, and he mumbles something against you.

"What?" you ask, pulling away enough to let him speak. You're both breathing heavily.

"I said slow down jellybean," he responds, and you press your forehead into his. You try not to laugh, but a small giggle slips through your lips.

"Do you want me to slow down?" you counter, and he giggles.

"I just wanted to say that," he admits.

You just let out a breath and smile.

"I know where I go when I look at you," you say softly.

"Where?"

"I go to this place where it's just you and me. The entire world is blurred, and nobody exists but us."

"That's just where we are all the time," he responds, and you get that feeling again. And you're not even looking at him. You're just feeling him.

He starts leaning back, and you fall on top of him. You rest your head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. His hand rests on your hip, pulling you closer.

You keep listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I love you," you say softly, moving a hand to his chest.

You hear his heart beat faster, and you smile.

"I love you, too," he whispers.

You lie together in silence for a while, just enjoying the feeling of being with someone you love.

"I want to see your face," he mumbles, and you lift your head to look at him. You feel that feeling again. It's so strong. Like a wave, it overtakes you.

He's looking into your eyes, and his expression changes slightly.

"What?" you ask, and he smiles.

"Your pupils. They just got huge," he says. "Oooh you love me," he says teasingly, making you almost snort.

"Of course I do, dumbass," you tell him, leaning in and letting your nose touch his. You leave your eyes open, and he widens his eyes jokingly. You look into them, just admiring how beautiful they are.

He giggles slightly, and you see how his pupils dilate.

"You love me, too," you comment, and he kisses you lightly.

"Of course I do."

A/N

This felt nice because I haven't really written anything like this in a while

Awsten inspires me so much, and whenever I look at him, that's the feeling I get. It's amazing.