Chapter 34

-=+Niall's POV+=-

I woke up the in the morning to a dimmly lit room. No lick of sunshine was coming through the windows. The bed was also empty. Audrey wasn't here. I didn't think much of it. I couldn't think much of anything. I had a killer headache and the last thing I wanted to do was get up and face the day. I've only ever been hungover once before and it was nothing like this. My entire body was feeling the pain of it. 

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, immediately turning the brightness down on it. It was 10:39. I assumed Audrey had already been up for a couple hours now and was tired of waiting around for me to wake up. 

I laid in bed for another hour before finally pulling myself out. I slowly trudded down the stairs and into the kitchen where Greg was feeding Theo some lunch. "Morning," Greg said, looking up at me for a split second.

"Morn," I said keeping it short. "You're on baby duty? Where's Denise?"

"She went holiday shopping," he informed me.

"Audrey go with her?" I sat down at the kitchen table.

"Uh... yeah," he said turning to the table and snatching the napkin that was lying there. "You feeling alright this morning?"

"Eh, I've been better."

"You and Audrey seemed to really be going at it last night," he gave me a look then turned back to his son.

"Wait, what do you?" I asked as I tried to recall the events of the night before.

"You guys were at each others throats, yelling and all."

"What?" I asked for confirmation. "Was it bad?" 

"Well, she wasn't the happiest person when she came down the stairs this morning," his voice lowered and I muttered a 'shit' as I ran my fingers through my hair. "I didn't know you guys weren't dating," he managed to add in, immediately grabbing my attention.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I was getting around to that."

"Don't blow it," Greg rose his eyebrows at me. "She really cares about you, you know. Hate to see her get away from you. She'd be good for you."

"You're just saying that because I've finally moved on from Sara," I said resting my elbows on the table, scratching the back of my neck.

Greg sighed, "Sara was good too. You still talk to her?"

"No," I shook my head. "She stopped talking to me the day I left. That was the last of that."

My relationship with Sara was one of the things I had to give up to help take care of my dad. She was beautiful; reddish brown hair with light hazel eyes. She always kept her hair cut short and if she decided to keep it long, she'd constantly pull it back into a hairband. She was cruvy in all the right places and a smile that lit up any old rainy day here. Her personality was golden too, always optimisitc and supportive, daddy's little girl by day and a wild child under the moonlight. Sara was the first girl I loved and we dated for two years.

It was really hard to break the news to her but she said she understood how important this was to me. I wanted her to come with me but she was already set for school in the upcoming term then. We hardly talked after that day. She got busy with school and the timezones killed any form of communication.

"How do you feel about Audrey?" Greg spoke up, pulling me back from my thoughts.

"She's quite the catch," I said a tad sarcastically. "We've been through a lot of shit."

"Like what?"

I sighed. "Well, we first met at a frat party," I smiled at the memory. "Found out we had a class together and that she plays football. Things were going great, then her friend woke up from his coma and apparently he was this old high school fling."