Chapter 46

-=+Niall's POV+=-

"Ikea furniture is just great, isn't it?" Louis joked, placing his hands on his hips as he stared at the project sitting in front of us.

"It's not that bad," Audrey quietly replied as she grabbed the instructions for what seemed like the hundredth time. "Alright, who's the idiot that thought the piece labeled "H" connected to "A"?" She rose her voice.

"Is that actually our problem?" Louis leaned over her. "Oh my god," he complained running his had through his hair and down his face.

I went ahead and took apart the parts that shouldn't have been together. "This is Ikea furniture. This shouldn't be that hard," I laughed.

"We're probably the only people in the history of the world that can't put together a simple bookshelf," Audrey stated.

"We're all just tired," I reassured. "We've put together your entire room and your living room."

"Drinks?" Zayn said walking in through the door.

"Ah, Zayn! So glad you could come around and give a helping hand!" Classic, sarcastic Louis. "Yes, drinks would be great."

"Not for me, I'm going out with Mary and Eleanor for dinner," Audrey declined.

"What about the rest of your stuff?" I asked.

"Could you and Louis just finish it up for me? It's only like a piece or two more. And they're easier than this damn bookcase," She smiled. "Plus, the new fixtures for the cabinets in the kitchen."

"I guess we could do that," I smiled in return.

"Speak for yourself, mate," Louis piped in.

"Louis," I shot my gaze toward him.

He sighed, "Alright, fine."

"I'll be back with two drinks then," Zayn chuckled, walking out of the guest house.

"Do you even have any books?" Louis asked Audrey as he continued to build the furniture.

"No, I'm using this as a dresser," she informed us.

Louis and I both looked at each other, "Then why are we putting this together in the living room?"

"Well, logically, there's more space out here," Audrey's voice trailed.

"And who did you think was going to carry it in there?" He asked again and Audrey just smiled. "Oh, god."

"I'll help you!" She defended.

"Uh huh, sure you will, love," Louis went on.

"You're such a grump when you're tired."

"Okay, ladies, quit the bickering and get back to work," I added in.

"You bitch," Louis mumbled before punching me in the arm causing me to laugh a bit.

Once we were finally able to figure out what piece went where, we got the cubby-hole bookcase put together and into Audrey's room. She quickly filled it with the three baskets she had then left once Mary messaged her saying that her and Eleanor had arrived, leaving me and Louis to finish the room.

"Alright, what's left here?" Louis stood in front of the two boxes we had yet to open.

I looked at the labels, "Looks like the very small table for the kitchen and the chairs."

"How many chairs?"

"Two."

"Thank the lord," he sighed.