Chapter 45

-=+Audrey's POV+=-

"Audrey!" I heard someone call out as I ducked through a crowd of people.

I quickly snapped my head around to meet eyes with the host, Coby. Before we parted ways and went to college, him and I used to be pretty close, I guess. In high school, we'd stop and talk in the halls when we were both stupidly late for our second hour class. Seeing as how he was on the football team and part of Student Government, it was hard to avoid him most times. "Coby!" I smiled, reaching out to give him a hug.

"Long time, no see. Glad you could make it here!" He smiled in return. He had what a lot of girls considered to be a "Zac Efron" smile. Literally, gorgeous.

"I'm doing great. I just got back from Ireland last week, just before Christmas, passed all my classes at UCSB," I listed.

"Still in that sorority?" He asked, sounding somewhat hopeful but I shook my head.

"My mom thought that they were having a bad influence on me."

"Your mother actually cared for once?"

"When there's a close call for a relationship, she does," I rolled my eyes and let an awkward laugh escape from under my breath.

"She didn't like him?"

"She only likes Harry," I concluded. "How've you been?"

"I'm living on my own now, obviously. Griffin rooms here too."

"Oh, where is he, I haven't seen him in forever!"

"He's out back," he nodded over to the sliding doors. "Come on, grab a drink and I'll walk you over to him."

This party was going great. Being able to catch up with my friends from high school while getting a little drunk was running pretty smoothly. Before I knew it, time slipped away from me and an old hook up had found me.

He leaned down slightly and whispered in the my ear, "You looking for a New Years kiss?"

I grinned widely and looked at him, nodding a tad too much. At that moment, I felt a hand come down on my shoulder.

"Audrey," a female voice followed. "Where's your hot piece of Irish you brought?"

"My hot piece of..?" I felt my face twist for a second as I turned through my thoughts. "Oh shit! Niall! I have a boyfriend!"

I looked past a bunch of shocked and confused faces trying to locate the back door. There were only a couple minutes left to midnight. I frantically stumbled over to the door. I was only supposed to be getting a drink for the two of us. Instead, I caught up with some friends and almost kissed another guy. I won't be telling him that much.

Thankfully, I was able to reach him just as everyone begun to countdown. He had been aimlessly looking for me as well it seemed like.

"Niall," I let out a sigh of relief as he brought me into his chest.

"About time you came back around," he joked, lightly kissing my forehead.

The group of people continued to count, calling out, "12! 11! 10..."

Niall and I unwrapped from the hug, keeping an arm around each other.

"9! 8! 7..."

People began shifting about, making sure they were by the right people when we hit zero.

"6! 5! 4..."

I caught eye of the rest of our group just in front of us, marveling at the ball drop display on the TV.