Chapter 31

"Keep the blindofld on!" Niall prompted as he guided me out of the car.

I laughed as I tried to not run into a wall. "Niall, what are you doing?"

As we walked into the house, the air smelled of delicious food. I kept laughing as I purposely made transporting me more difficult for him. Everything just smelled so good. I could smell a cooked turkey best of all though, making me hungry. 

I heard a door close behind us as Niall left my side for a split second. He removed the blindfold and before me I saw the bedroom we were staying in. "What are we doing tonight? Some kinky shit?" I laughed.

"Haha," he said very dryly. "No, no. We'll save that for later," he said realizing I was clearly amused by the fact he brought me into the bedroom blindfolded. He walked over to the bed and held up maroon dress. "Put this on," he smiled, discretly trying to removed the price tag.

"What are you up to?" I questioned taking the dress from him. 

"Just put it on, Audrey," he said then proceeded to make his way to the door. "Come out when you're dressed, okay?"

"Okay," I watched him leave.

I threw the dress onto the bed and slipped out of jeans and sweatshirt I had committed myself to that day. Niall insisted I spend the day out of the house and out of the house ended up meaning at the hospital. It wasn't too bad. I eventually got dragged into some volunteer work which was fun and then I spent some time with his father. 

I walked back over to the bed and picked up the dress. There was also a gold necklace and a matching pair of earring resting on the bed. I put the dress on then stood in front of the mirror that was the closet door. I took a step back and looked at the dress with the jewelry. I had to give Niall props for pulling this together. It looked goregous. 

I walked out of the room. Everything was dark aside from the kitchen so, naturally, I followed those lights. Niall was standing there in the maroon shirt I hadn't seen since his birthday, paired with a black tie and black slacks. I let a smile spread across my face when I realized he was barefoot. But I was in no position to say much on the matter because I was too.

I shifted my gaze from him to the set up on the table. Sitting there was the turkey I smelled earlier, mashed potatos, stuffing, and some cranberry filling. 

I was stunned and at a complete loss of words. Why would he go through all this trouble for me? I looked back at the boy standing in front of me as he nervously stood there.

"You like it?" He finally said after allowing my gaze to switch between everything in front of me.

I nodded. "How did-- Why did.." I stuttered, trying form a sentence. "Why did you do all this?" I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Well," he said looking down at me and softening his voice. "I know you were missing Thanksgiving at home so I decided to throw this together for you."

"Throw it together?" I repeated his words. "Babe, you went above and beyond. I can't even begin to thank you."

"No need to thank me," he smiled. "This is me thanking you for being everything I needed you to be these past weeks."

"You are a wonderful person," I said before resting the side of my head on his chest and giving him a little extra squeeze.

He returned the gesture. "Let's eat," he suggested. "You know, before it gets cold."

We sat at the table and enjoyed the meal he prepared. He asked me questions about my day and how his dad was doing. It was weird to talk about his dad knowing him and I knew both different amounts of imformation. I also couldn't really say he was doing any better either because he wasn't. Actually, he seemed like he had slipped away even further over night.