Chapter 10

After the volleyball practice, I manage to spend hours lost in thought once again. So many things raced through my mind; so many questions. How does my mom know Liam? Why the hell was Liam drunk in the middle of the afternoon? Do I like Niall? Do I tell my mom? Do I do nothing at all?

I scream into my pillow. All these questions without any answers hurt my brain. I sit up and take a deep breath. Without hesitation, I reach for my phone and dial my mother once again. I hear her usual hello come through. Then I begin to wonder why she's even up at this time in Connecticut. It's like 12:30 there.

"How do you know who Liam is?" I ask without any hellos.

"I'll tell you when I'm in town." I heard humor in her voice.

"No," I reply sternly. "I need you to tell me now."

Her voice gives another bit of a chuckle. "Alright," she sighs. "Last time I was there, we ran into each other."

"And?"

"He had a few choice things to say to me about you and how you are. How you don't date." My mind begins to race with all the things he could've possibly said to her. "Who's this new boy?" It's like I can hear her sticking her nose up in the air, I swear.

"He's from Ireland," I hesitate to say.

"Ireland?" She seems shocked.

"He's in my psychology class, nice, respectable, charming," I list on.

"Charming?"

"I'm not telling you anymore."

"I want to meet him."

"I don't want you to."

"Why's that?"

"You'll scare him away." Our responses to each other came out rather quick.

"You like him?"

"I," I hesitated. "No."

She chuckles again. "It doesn't sound that way."

"Why are you even awake?" My mother was beginning to irritate me. Before she responded to my question, I hung up on her.

I'm done with today. So far done with today, I'm well into tomorrow.

+++

"Just a reminder," Morgan says to everyone downstairs. "Tonight we are having our formal sit down dinner. Bring a guest. Dress accordingly. You represent the sorority tonight."

Fuck. I completely forgot. I didn't have anything to wear. I don't even understand the point of this dinner. All we do is dress up, eat food, talk then clean but for whatever reason, it's this huge deal. I guess it's to show that we are sophisticated here. Again, I don't understand the point of it. I even had it planned that I was going to a party tonight but that's out the door now. "Mary!"

"Yeah?" she smiles.

"Come shopping with me. I still need a dress," I beg. "Please, Mary!"

"I have plans with Troy," her voice lingers and I drop my shoulders in defeat. "But what the heck, he can come with, right?"

"I don't care, I just need a dress," I laugh in relief.

"And a date?" She inquires.

"Yeah, sure. Dress first though."

"So you'll go with a date?" She raises her brows in shock.

"Quit that," I playfully hit her and pout out my lip earning a laugh for her.