Chapter 23

"You can handle this yourself right?" Louis asked me as they all went into their tents and I stayed out by the fire.

"Please, I'm a woman, not helpless," I shook my head.

"Whatever you say. Goodnight, Audrey," He ruffled his hair then crawled into the tent.

I sat by myself for about fourty-five minutes, staring into the slowly dying fire. My mind was empty, completely distracted. Enough to the point that when a blanket was thrown around my shoulders, I was startled. "Goodness," I exhaled.

"What? I may not be very pleased with you at the moment but, Audrey, we really need to talk," Zayn said taking a seat net to me.

"Did Louis already talk to you?" I groaned.

"He dropped the hint."

I sighed. "I don't even know where to start."

"I do. Explain what happened with Harry. Why'd you do it?" His voice sounded a bit cold, making me uncomfortable.

"Harry and I go back, way back. We were friends with benefits all throughout high school. We were too stubborn to actually commit to anything. I was sitting in the passenger seat of his car when we got in the accident that put him in a coma," I paused as my thoughts came in clearly. "We were suppose to come here together but I left by myself. And I beat myself up for it. I guess, without really admitting it, I was already committed."

"Okay..."

"When he came here, we just kind of picked up where we left off but this time was different because I have, or uh... I had Niall. And I felt guilty going from Harry and then to Niall, which is why I ignored him while I was staying with Harry. Harry told me that what was going on between him and I needed to stop. He told me to forget him and go back to Niall."

"But you still kissed him."

"I've kissed him and plently of other guys, Zayn."

"Like Niall's cousin?"

"How do you know about that?" I snapped my head around to face him.

"You and Niall's cousin? I only know what he told me, that you two know each other," he paused and I shrugged leaving the silence. "So, you two did kiss?"

"You know, I feel like what happened between me and Adam is none of your business but it is something I should tell Niall."

"He's hurt, ya know?"

"He has Erin."

"Bloody hell, Audrey, he hasn't even enjoyed a second of his time with her today."

"Then why is she here?"

"Niall got pissed off and a tad drunk when I told him you kissed Harry. He invited her in the heat of the moment. She can't even stay out here the full three days, she's getting picked up tomorrow morning."

"You didn't have to tell him," I say defensively.

"What did I tell you at the parlor? I'm not going to sit back and watch my friend get used."

"I really like him, Zayn," I spoke softly.

"Well, you fucked that up."

"God, if all you're going to do is sit here and point out my flaws then you can--" I said harshly before being interrupted.

"Oi, would ya keep it down out here?" the blond boy stuck his head out the tent. "And when were you planning on telling me what happened between you and Adam or you and Harry?"

"Were you listening to our conversation this entire time?" I went wide eyed.

"Yeah, I was," he remarks as he makes his way out the tent and to his feet.