"Austin, if I may," my mom spoke up to my surprise. "I haven't been the nicest to you. I have ridiculed you and made you feel like you're not good enough for Livi. But through everything I've done to you, you forgave me."

"I understand why you've done that," He told her. My heart was so full at the thought of them finally liking each other. "I'm not good enough for her and I never will be. But that doesn't mean I won't try."

"I think you're perfect for her," My mom smiled and I was in shock. "But my point is that if you can forgive me for being so cruel, maybe you should try to give your dad another shot."

"I would love to be the bigger person here and try to hear him out because I'm sure he's changed," Austin shook his head. This is the most they've ever talked to each other. "But I looked at him and all I seen was him throwing a Crown Royal bottle at my mom's head and knocking her out. And then kicking me when I started crying."

"You don't have to share that with us, Austin," my dad said. "I know you've had a tough childhood but God sent you Olivia. And she loves you enough for everyone."

"I love her as well," He said, looking over at me. I smiled at him and then pushed my hair out of my face.

"If you two want to go enjoy some time alone, we've got the check," My mom nodded to me. I raised my eyebrows in suspicion.

"No, I invited you guys. I want to pay," Austin insisted.

"No," My dad shook his head. "Olivia, take him before I get angry."

I smiled at him and then looked at Austin.

"Don't make papa bear angry," I laughed and Austin smiled. That smile could stop the world.

Liked by ol1v1a

Liked by ol1v1a.mcne1l, harker.pummel, and 902,803 others
postmalone or so she thinks.
Comments turned off.
2 hours ago

Austin and I had gotten home a while ago. But now, it was eleven at night and we wanted ice cream. It was the little things.

Austin drove to a twenty-four hour ice cream parlor that was about ten minutes from his house. He drove slowly though but I didn't mind because I knew it was because he wanted to just ride.

"There are days I wake up and I pinch myself. You're with me, not someone else and I'm scared, yeah, I'm still scared that it's all a dream," Lukas Graham's voice blared through Austin's speakers.

"I love this song!" I said excitedly, turning it up louder.

"I love you," he looked at me. I blushed and he chuckled. It was embarrassing that I still got so nervous around him.

Austin pulled off of the road immediately and I was confused.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. He turned the volume up as loud as it could go and rolled his windows down.

"We're dancing," He smiled, getting out of the car. He came around to my side and opened my door, extending his hand to me. I smiled and took it. He pulled me close to him, swaying me to the music.

"'Cause when you love someone, you open up your heart. When you love someone, you make room," the music played and I closed my eyes, putting my head on his chest. "If you love someone and you're not afraid to lose them, you probably never loved someone like I do."

Austin's hands wrapped around me, comforting me. I didn't exactly know what I needed comfort for but even so, he made it happen.

He kissed the top of my head and I looked up at him. He smiled which made me smile; he's contagious.

"Let's leave tomorrow," he said and I pulled away from him slightly.

"What?" I chuckled. "Leave?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Let's leave."

"Where would we go?" I asked him, confused as to why he was suggesting this and if he was serious.

"You want to take a road trip across the country," He told me. "You want to stay in crappy motels and play your music loud."

"Yeah, but why would you want to do that?" I asked him. "We could go somewhere you actually want to go. Where have you always wanted to visit?"

"Olivia," he let out a deep sigh. "Anywhere with you."

a/n: SO. i had a date tonight & he got a friend to fake a situation so he could leave. we went from talking NONSTOP to not at all in the span of 2 hours. it is crazy. i'm obviously just super awful lmao