Chapter 72

You are the reason I believe in love.
~Anonymous~

Sophie

Sophie

*Unedited*

"Who was it?"

Raphael's black orbs were fierce, shooting daggers as he looked around at everything in that room except at me. 

He was still in the same suit, the jacket lying on the floor, shirt sleeves rolled up past the elbow showing his toned, muscular arms and not a single blood stain.

 I didn't speak for a while, but I did clear my throat as I turned around in order to sit on the bed while I waited for Raphael to compose himself. 

Finally, he brought his eyes to my face, softening as he stared into my eyes. He looked dangerous one minute and beautifully adorable the next. 

"Who had me kidnapped Raphael?" I asked again. 

His eyes turned dark again. His anger almost making him shake. 

Whose betrayal would make him behave like a maniac? I wondered. 

I decided to use elimination method by running through all the guys with access to this house. 

I knew for a fact that neither Rom and Bruno would ever have me kidnapped. 

"Is it Matteo? " I asked.

He shook his head and I could have sworn I felt relief.

"Is it Devonni?" 

He shook his head again. 

"It was Diego" He finally said. Not loudly or in a whisper, but in a voice that held a touch of betrayal. 

My heart dropped into my stomach, sweat started dripping on my forehead and armpits, my head buzzed like I was drunk. 

Even though I rarely spoke to Diego, we had a non-verbal communication where we acknowledged each other with a nod. 

"Why would he want to harm me?" I whispered, tears forming into my eyes. I probably wouldn't have cried if I wasn't pregnant, but  hormones ruled all my emotions this days. 

"Please don't cry cara" Raphael soothed, coming to squat in front of me.  

"He wanted to hurt me by hurting you"

"Why?"

"Because that is the only way to hurt me" 

"I meant, why would he want to hurt you?"

"Diego is Mexican" He started, then paused, bringing a chair and sitting directly opposite me "I know he is Mexican" I said almost impatiently.

"His uncle is the el leon