Chapter 36

Hallo beautiful people,

It's another Monday, I hope y'all are doing well.

Now, I've realised most people haven't read chapter 35 probably because of the thank you note after it. Please check if you have.

Alright, that's all. See you at the comment session.

Enjoy.

Lyrics to the song heaven by Kane Brown which is my current song of the week.

Everybody's talking about heaven like they just can't wait to go
Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful
Lying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced
'Cause, I don't know how, I don't know how heaven, heaven
Could be better than this

Raphael

*Unedited*

Going home was exciting, but the thoughts of not finding Sophie there was frustrating. I had become accustomed to finding her in the house sometimes asleep, others just in bed reading waiting for me.

She always said she was reading, but as soon as I entered the room she would put the book aside and all her attention would be transferred to me.

The way she would ask whether I had eaten despite the fact that I'm a grown ass man, rich enough to buy every damn thing I wanted.

I still remember her gentle voice asking whether I was tired, or the way she knelt on the bed, hugging my waist.

"Can I get you anything while you're in the bathroom?" she would ask.

And I would playfully say "shower with me"
She would giggle, blush and turn around avoiding my eyes. That was before we made love the first time.

Going home to Sophie was a feeling only poets and novelist could describe. It was joy, excitement and fear at the same time-a juxtaposition, a myriad of emotions, but at the end of the day, I fucking loved it.

"Can you sit on the opposite seat?" I growled at Bruno who was about to sit next to me.

"No. I want to talk to someone"

"Then go sit next to Fabricio"

"No I want to talk to you!"

"But I don't want to talk"

"Too bad for you, because I do"

"You're a motherfukka Bruno"

"I know!"

He said it in enjoyment, triumphantly sitting down beside me. I let him, any argument as flivolous as sitting arrangement was an argument I wouldn't win with him and I was tired.

I was exhausted, the last few weeks have been significantly busy, but if I was honest with myself, I stayed away because I did not was to be confronted with Sophie's absence.

I had started thinking of the house especially my bedroom as ours. She slept beside me since we moved into that house, hell she was the realtor who sold it to us.

Bruno sat beside me, but surprisingly enough he didn't say much. We sat next to each other in comfortable silence, him reading a motor sport magazine, it was the only kind of magazine we had, but Bruno didn't read it to kill the time, he read it because he loved whatever motor things they wrote about. And I was flipping through my phone re-reading the messages Romano sent me about Sophie.

There was one accompanied with a photo where she is out groceries shopping with an elderly woman whom I assumed was her grandmother.

Her hair was in a ponytail, a few strands falling around her face. She wore a long dress reminding me of the first time we made love, she had looked beautiful in that maxi dress and she was gorgeous in this one as well.