Chapter 22

You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this.

~C.JoyceBell C~

Sophie

*Unedited*

I woke up beside Raphael, which was confusing because I remember falling asleep in Gab's bed. I stared at him; his stubble looked really alluring, his face did not change even in sleep, he was beautiful but looked alert, like he was ready for anything; peaceful wasn't a word one could use to describe Raphael at any given time.

I pushed my face closer to his, touching his lips lightly with the tips of my fingers; my heart melted at the sight of this man I was falling in love with, he was a stranger, yet I felt like I had known him my whole life.

Maybe I should get out of his room before he wakes up, I thought...But I didn't want to; I wanted to talk to him, start my day with him.

With my elbows on the pillow, I leaned towards his lips, but I suddenly stopped myself and kissed his cheek instead, lightly to avoid waking him up.

"I was wondering how long you were going to make me wait for that," I heard him say, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, a smile on his face. He looked happy and carefree, which looked foreign to him.

Raphael was rarely this carefree; he looked relaxed.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Since you pulled out of my arms."

"You have been awake that long?" I asked, slapping his arm hard. He yelped loudly, feigning pain, I slapped him again, and he abruptly lifted me to his body; I stiffened; but my body relaxed against him, feeling every contour of his body.

"You can't just hit me and expect no consequences." He stated, stretching and linking both of his hands with my fingers. He was lying in the middle of the bed, his eyes staring and watching me.."No, don't look away from me," he huskily said to me as I tried to shift my eyes.

He made me shy, courageous, confident, strong, protected, and sexy.

It's in the way he looks at me, how he kisses me, how he holds me in his arms when I sleep.

"Hi, Cara," he whispered.

"Hi Raphael, I whispered back.

My eyes confidently fixed on his - he had beautiful eyes, but I had seen them cold and angry once, but right now, they looked sexy and seductive. There is a way he looks at me- the way a man looks at a woman he really desires, which scared me to death because I knew I was inexperienced and he was a man of the world.

I was afraid to disappoint him, which I knew I would eventually. We stared at each other until his phone rang; he swore as he closed his left hand around my waist and pushed to get it from the bedstand beside the bed without letting me go.

"What? " he barked at the person on the other end.

I could read his impatience and anger. I had no idea what the conversation was about because he spoke Italian, but I knew it was a conversation he didn't want to have.

I shifted, trying to pull away, but he wouldn't let me; he moved his eyes to me, then clasped me tighter and continued with the phone call with me still spread on top of him.

I might as well get comfortable, I thought.

I laid my head on his chest, moving my body against his trying to adjust to a more comfortable position. He moaned and shifted a bit; I looked at him thinking I had hurt him, but he was staring straight at me, so deeply I was afraid he could read my mind.

He pressed the phone ending the conversation and threw it back on the stand without even looking.

He lifted and laid me on my back beside him; my heart skipped a beat enjoying the feel of him on top of me. He was strong, a man who carried me without breaking a sweat, he was supposed to be heavy, but on top of me, he felt not heavy but just right; I didn't even feel his weight; he made me feel undeniably wanted.

"You're without a doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. "

"No, I'm not!" I disagreed vehemently.

I went through high school, and college and the only people who thought I was cute were the weirdos. The guy who sold us ice cream at the cafeteria with his full-faced beard, the Janitor in college who once asked me out because my hair resembled his ex-girlfriends' or Jimmy Crane, whose sense of dressing was mostly why kids in grade school bullied him.

I could see the desire in his eyes, which probably was why he thought I was beautiful. I may not know much about sex, but I knew a man would say anything at such a moment like this.

"What the hell do you mean you're not? Your eyes are so beautiful a man could be forgiven for getting lost in them, your lips are full and sexy, your hair is just so red, and I have to admit the first time I saw you, I wanted you in my bed, with your hair spread out on the pillow; one of the many images I have of you.

"Really?" I asked him shyly.

"Yes. Really!"

"How many images of me do you have? "

"Too many, they would scare you."

"Name one," I pleaded, but he just smiled and shook his head.

"Maybe when you're ready to hear it."

"I'm ready now! "

"No, you're not."

I could have challenged that, but he didn't give me a chance, he kissed me, and for the next few minutes, we spoke with our lips.

He kissed me until I lost my breath, my entire being engrossed in him.

Raphael

Her skin felt silken, her scent drove me crazy, she moaned, or I did I wasn't sure anymore; her body fit perfectly to mine, her fingers intertwined in my hair, her body arched to mine, and I knew I had to stop before I did what we both wanted and risk losing her for having sex with her without telling her who I am, or what I do.

But why should I care? I have never given a damn before. Why start now? Maybe hating me will make this easier for both of us! I will finally let her go without giving a shit what happens to her, go back to the time I didn't think about her.

But as I kissed her, my hands touching her bare body, I realized I couldn't stand it if she hated me.

"We have to stop, cara."

"No! You always say that" she sounded disappointed and a tad angry.

I laughed, a strained kind of laugh that was full of unfulfilled desire; I stopped kissing her and hid my face in her beautiful mane; our loud breathing filled the room.

We stayed like that for a while until the wave of desire cooled down, but not completely. One part of my body screamed for relief. Sophie hadn't moved until I tried to get off her. She suddenly pulled me back to her, her arms around me.

"Please don't move, not yet."

For the first time in my entire life, I felt like I had found a home, and that scared the shit out of me.