Chapter 21

~Unedited~

             Romano

"Is there a reason why you're fantasizing about shooting my head off right now ?" I asked Raphael as he started to enter the back seat of the car.

He glared at me, stopped in motion, bending a bit as he prepared to slid in.

"He thinks you were flirting with his girl," Bruno whispered loudly, standing beside me, legs apart. His eyes held a devilish look as he stared at Raphael. We were both staring at him, waiting for his reaction. He did not react; he just slid into the car and banged the door. Or maybe that was his reaction.

Okay, that's grown up!

"I have to stop by somewhere; I'll see you later."

I whirled around, walking in the direction of the garage, I heard Bruno start the car, and I turned to watch them drive away, speeding like he was on a race track.

Raph says Bruno drives like a maniac, which is true. In another life, he probably would have been a race driver. We rarely let him drive, he only does it when necessary, and he loves it.

The garage was already opened; Diego, one of our guys, was polishing one of the cars.

He was Mexican and almost ten years older than us. He was tall, big, almost huge, but he could hold his own in a run. He had a beard, which weirdly resembled Fidel Castro's. He has a huge scar on the right side of his face that he got when he was ten, which he doesn't talk much about; in fact, he rarely talks. He and I definitely have that in common.

He is a silent guy with a mean fist and a passion for cars. He looks at cars the same way most men look at women. He told Raph that his new red Ferrari acquisition was sleek, dynamic, magnificent, stylish, and beautiful. When he said it, his voice sounded like he talked to a woman he very much wanted to take to bed.

I needed a car that would intimidate most people, so I chose a white Maserati ghibli 2016 that Raph bought last year. It was sleek, sporty, and luxurious. The music system made someone feel alive, the sound so clear and unbelievably comforting I could drive a thousand miles.
I may not drive like a maniac, but I loved driving. I slid in and drove off, navigating the car to my destination; I lowered the window, allowing the fresh air in. The wind felt so good in my hair. I knew it would be disheveled by the time I got out.

I passed through the same security scrutiny at empire press as I had the first day I picked up Gabriella. The same security guy. He stood at the gate, saluting me from recognition I imagined. I returned the gesture, making him smile and nod at my car. I nodded back, smiling at him as we both shared an unspoken male bonding moment over the powerful machine I was driving.

He flagged my car, and I drove off.

The same blonde still covered the front office.

"Hi, welcome back; how can I assist you?" her smile was flirty, fluttering her eyelashes at me. She wore a short red dress, shoes too high for any human being, but she walked perfectly in them, albeit slowly.

She stood in front of me, flattening her hands in my chest, gazing at my eyes so intensely I felt like she was looking for answers I had no idea I held. I took a step back, causing her hands to fall, but she stretched and started brushing off my shoulders like my suit had crumples or dust.

I stopped her, holding both of the hands off me. Her nails were long, painted dark red, probably how the devil's nails would look like. I thought.

"Are you always this touchy with your clients? " I asked. Irritated and impatient.

"I need to talk to your boss."