Chapter 59

There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.

            *Unknown*

Sophie

Sophie

*Unedited*

"I don't understand, why would he stop you?" I asked, sounding confused. I did not understand why Bruno would stop him from having sex, he was a grown man.

"Because of you"

I heard that. But I didn't understand it.

"Because of me?" I shook my head a little, my left hand clinging to my middle and the right placed on my chest where my heartbeat to the rhythm of my emotions.

"Yes. He was of the opinion that it would break your heart if you ever found out. He was right."

Still standing in the same position, my eyes on Raphael's, I felt my eyes sting. I was about to cry,  not because I was sad but because I realised that the other two most important men in my life may have been on my side.

"I thought they would always take your side"

"Well, you thought wrong" his voice sounded clipped. He wasn't happy about it but he didn't mind much.

I smiled, then burst out laughing. Suddenly, I felt happy, content and accepted.

Raphael gave me a look that was unsure. It's very rare for him to look unsure like he didn't know what to say or how to act. I was happy but my eyes had tears in them.

"Please tell me he didn't shoot her" I finally said, reaching for a handkerchief to wipe the tears.

"No he didn't, but I think he wanted to"

"Why? It's not the girl's fault that you had her pinned on a wall"

"That's not it. And stop talking about it like that. It makes me feel like you're still mad at me"

"I am, but we are talking about it so we can both move on"

"That's fine. But don't say about me pinning her on a wall or grinding her again. Find some other different words or quit talking about it all together"

Okay. He was mad.

His hands were clasped together, the veins on his temple visible, his mouth tight and his eyes angrily fixed on me until I started fidgeting.

Raphael was scary when he was angry and I was glad he couldn't lash out at me for either insulting him, hitting him which I hadn't but who's to know of the future.  All I knew was that no matter what, Raphael would never physically hurt me.

"Okay, fine, I'll find less coloured wordings to describe your little indiscretion." I drawled lazily like I was being put out and largely inconvenienced.