Chapter 62

"I see my father as a past I choose to forget yet my present keep reminding me of him"
~Sophie~

*Unedited*

Raphael

She stood beside the bedpost leaning slightly forward, her mouth curved into a knowing smile-a female smile that knew her man was wrapped around her little finger. She was right, I was. Walking to stand in front of her, my steps were purposeful as I rounded to her direction, mesmerized by her mere presence. I pulled her to me, bringing her face into my chest, breathing in her essence. I felt content and feeling like this still scared the shit out of me.

"You're mine" I whispered.

She kissed my chest in response putting her hands around my neck arching her body into mine, groaning as I felt her breast touch my chest "are you not hungry anymore?" I whispered into her ear, biting her earlobe and touching and rubbing it gently with the tip of my tongue. She sighed softly, her hands combing through my hair, her nails massaging my scalp, her lips on my chin while my hands held tightly to her waist, her body flattened into mine.

She was breathing into my neck making me want to throw her into the still unmade bed that seemed to call us back, almost tempting but I knew Sophie was hungry, she always was every time we made love.

"I think we need to find you something to eat" I whispered to her ear again, dropping my arms from her waist and drawing her out from the bedroom, my arm around her shoulders, breathing into her hair, while I listened to her chatter about everything and nothing.

I walked her through to the huge spotless kitchen that stood at the far corner, my hands feeling bereft as I left her standing beside the dining table at the middle. She watched me, her eyes softly running through my whole body, lips curved in a mischievous smile as if she knew something I didn't.

That look made me feel vulnerable, uncertain and exposed, a feeling that I found I did not feel comfortable in.

Everything I had told her came rushing through my mind, yet I didn't regret telling her as much as I wished I hadn't felt the need to confide myself in her. That was some screwed up logic that did not make sense at all but it's what I felt.

I wondered what she thought of what I had told her. Did she think I was a killer? Which to be fair I was, but did she think it? Was I regret in her life? Did she still love me as she did before she knew of how ruthless I could be? Of how jaded I was?

I turned my face towards where she was and our eyes met, hers with tears simmering. My heart thumped, my stomach tripped anxiously as I walked to her, my feet feeling weak and unsure and my hands trembling. My whole body felt like I was standing in the precipice, fighting an unknown enemy.

"Cara" I breathed and she run the rest a few step into my arms, standing in each other arms, clinging into each other as we breathed in the essence that was ours.

"I'm sorry for your childhood. I'm sorry that you did not have anyone to protect you" she murmured, kissing my throat, her hands around my waist-holding me like she was protecting me. It was ironic and I almost smile at the image we made. A small petite woman protecting a man who was over six feet, a Mafia don, a man who had taken care of himself since he was a young boy of ten years.

"I'm sorry for your childhood too," I told her.

"Mine wasn't that bad. It was not perfect but I never had to provide for myself, neither was I ever forced to live on the streets protecting myself from creeps, rapists and murderous" her palms touched my face in a caress and I closed my eyes, basking in her touch "Not to mention that I also had my grandmother" she whispered as I felt her lips brush into mine.