Chapter Sixty

*Willow Green POV*

"More guns? Where are you going to put that?" Peters asks when he sees us arrive. Andrews and Talin are still holding the machine guns they received from Mike when Visioned knocked on the door. Peters was coordinating the mission from the HQ, apparently while eating some cornflakes.

"Under my pillow." Talin says before walking to the wardrobe, where the weapon storage is too. I really think it's funny, but Peters has another opinion.

And this is Dean Peters, our-

"Landlord." He says before I can finish my sentence. I watch him with big eyes for a second before continuing.

Peters, this is Mike Bennett, my... father. I pause. Sounds weird to say.

"Sounds even weirder to uhm... see." Of course. He's still getting used to me communicating in sign language. "I appreciate your hospitality. I'll be out of here before you know it." Mike says friendly.

"Sure. Spare bedroom is down the hall on the left." He nods before walking there. Peters lifts his eyebrows, like he wants to ask me if he really is my biological father. I lift my shoulders and catch up with Mike.

You know, you don't have to leave right away. You can stay. You shouldn't have to be on the run anymore. I says full of compassion, and to be friendly. And maybe because he's my real father. Maybe I want to know him a bit better. I can't believe that I found my father. I found my father, I suddenly realise. Our mission is over. Of course, I could have expected it, but I just pictured it otherwise.

"Do we have a choice?" He asks.

There must be a document somewhere that can cooperate your stories, a witness that can come forward. If he's out there, we can find him.

"I appreciate that, but it's way too risky." Because I'm only 17?

We're family. It's what you do.

"You've known me for what? Less than three hours? And in that time, my cover has been blown, my house is destroyed and now I've been officially hunted by two government agencies." He's right. This is all my fault. All those things. I should have thought better, longer, more clearly.

I never intended- I start to apologise.

"I know. But when you say you're going to fix things, you can see I'm a little bit worried."

Mike, -

"Look, I'm just not so sure I can give you what you're looking for."

How do you know what I'm looking for? It isn't my intention to be like this. It just happened.

"You're right. I don't." He says next and closes the door in my face.

I need a shower.

*Inga Mestoeva POV*

"I'm never going to believe what you tell me again." I say angrily when I see Layla in her cell.

"Oh, please. You are hardly the victim in all of this." She waves it away.

"You were using me. The least you can do is tell me why!" She peers at me and a shiver runs down my spine.

"I sincerely doubt Anissa would want you to know." She whispers as innocent as possible. If I could, I would have chocked her to death. Oh, how I hate that woman.

"Know what? What are you talking about?" I ask unknowingly.

"Very well, I send you to complete a mission that began six years ago."