Chapter Fifty-Three

I'm going to bed. I communicated and wanted to walk out of the room.

"Me too. It has been a long day." Talin said. It was strange, but I didn't question it. It had indeed been a long day and the last thing I wanted, was that he insulted me again. We had been in this HQ for a month now and nothing had changed. It was frustrating sometimes.

"The two babies are going to sleep..." Andrews sighed.

"Babies?" Talin felt offended, that was clear. But I wasn't quite following either.

"Oh, come on! You're both the youngest on the team. Willow's 17 and Talin's 19. Then you have me, 28, Andrews is 36 and Peters is 37. You two are the babies." Satori laughed enthusiastically and actually, it was kind of funny. Especially after you saw Talin's face.

I'm almost 18, though. I said while smiling.

"And I'm almost 20." Talin muttered. I waved concisely and went downstairs. Talin followed me in silence. When we arrived, I chose my side of the room and he chose his. We hadn't said a word to each other. I enjoyed the silence and the fact that he wasn't being rude. Because that was a specialty of his. I had almost fully dressed myself when he started talking.

"Your father might be looking for you too. There's one thing that's worse than losing family and that's not having one." He didn't have any family? Liar. I quickly put on my pants and closed the curtain a bit more. "Okay, what's wrong?" He opened the curtain with a swing so he could see me. He was shirtless. I had to be honest, even though I hated that guy, he had hell of a body. If only his character was a bit nicer...

Nothing. I said.

"It doesn't look like nothing. It looks like there's something you're not telling us."

Please, Talin...

"Oh my God." He was suddenly terrified.

What?

"Do you want to..." Because he hesitated, I knew what this was about.

No!

"You want to quit?" Like I thought... He was afraid he couldn't finish this mission to get a clean record with Ryan. And without a clean record, he would never be able to go on a real mission, involving shooting and solving mysteries. He would never be a real CIA-agent without my help.

No... I know what you meant. The answer is no.

"Oh, good." I looked at him for the first time during our conversation. He was glad I didn't want to quit? That I hadn't found my biological father yet? He saw me staring. "No, I don't mean good. I mean... I didn't mean good. I..."

Yeah... Was my answer before I turned around.

"You know what I mean." I nodded while I walked to my bed. The curtain was still open, but I left it like that. Partly because I was too lazy to get back up to close it, and partly because I wanted to be a little friendly towards him. But the moment he would say something that didn't please me, closing the curtain was the first thing that would happen.

Still, I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I sacrificed the time of the whole team for a small, stupid mission to find my biological father. It still was a dangerous mission, it was Visioned after all. But the whole team was lying to the CIA. For me. Peters had stolen the black box, for me. He involved the whole team in this for the mission. My mission. I should probably do it alone, but the problem was that I couldn't do it alone. I couldn't take Visioned on my own.

"What's on your mind?" Talin suddenly asked me. He was lying in his bed, staring at me.

I just feel like... You're sacrificing so much for me, and I'm not doing anything for you.

"If I can't get my family back, the least I can do is help you get back yours. My parents were killed and I never had any siblings." This wasn't about a clean record anymore? And didn't he read his own file? He had a brother.