Chapter Fifty-Nine

"Drop it! Now!" Andrews yells when he sees that my attacker has a knife in his hands.

"Who are you? CIA?" Mike Bennett asks defeated.

I'm your daughter, Mike. He seems like he disappeared from earth by the fact that I'm using sign language.

"I don't have a daughter." He says bluntly.

My name is Willow Green. My mother was Merel Thirlwall. I know the last name isn't necessary, because which American knows more than one woman with the name Merel, a typical Belgian name?

"Merel's dead. I tried to find her four months back. All I found was a grave in London. I tried to find my daughter, but she disappeared about six months ago, no records to find. I figured she was dead too." I disappeared indeed, because I was in the CIA at that moment. I have been in America for about six months now.

The man Merel married kept me from the truth till six months ago. We both know something about disappearing, don't we? Mike looks at Andrews and loosens his grip around the knife until he lets it fall. He knows he's powerless. A knife against a gun is a fight he'll never win. One wrong move and he's dead. His eyes pierce into mine. I'm searching for a glimpse, some recognition. Before I have the time to find it, he grabs my gun from the ground and points it back at me.

"Well, great to meet ya. But I'm under the radar and I want to keep it that way. Let's go, out!"

What did you do? I ask. If he's under the radar, he must have some something bad, apart from being Visioned.

"If I told you that, you'd be an accessory to my so called crimes."

Add it to my list. One crime more or less, what was the difference?

"You need to leave." He reminds me again.

I've come way too far to leave here empty-handed. Mike, just tell me what happened. He says, in contrast to me, completely nothing. A silence of some long seconds keep passing.

"I was just doing my job. A contact just returned from Montreal, Canada. He came across half a dozen men. Next thing I knew, I was accused for smuggling heroin." He can't finish his story because after those worlds, a car stops in front of the house with squealing tires and armed agents jump out. Mike runs to the window to looks what's going on, but quickly retreats. "Who the hell are these guys?"

"It's an alpha team." Andrews concludes.

How did they find us? I ask before I realise it's Visioned. They know everything.

"Anissa must have set us up." Talin mentions.

"What the hell have you done?" Now it's Mike's turn to ask the question.

They're not after you. I reassure him. They're after me. I see the head of the alpha-team get out of the car and he takes a good look around.

"We've got to get out of here." Mike says and throws a machine gun to Talin and one to Andrews. I have no time to ask myself where those came from.

"Where?" Talin asks while Mike pulls a pin out of a grenade. Before I can panic, I get pulled back to the other side of the house. Smoke escapes from the grenade and I sigh relieved.

"Just follow me." We follow Mike to the garden, where he pulls a second pin out a grenade. I jump up, not because of the grenade exploding, but because Talin suddenly starts firing at a Visioned-agent who apparently aimed for me. I still have a lot to learn...

Talin keeps shooting at agents and Andrews joins him. Luckily, Andrews gets the idea of shooting at the barbecue. It's a barbecue with gas so it explodes the moment the bullet touches it. A cloud of fire rises up and we have the time to run towards a little motor boat. We jump in, still shooting at agents. In the meanwhile, Mike starts the engine and sails off.