Chapter Fifty-Eight

*Layla POV*

"About an hour ago, Willow and some agent hit a CIA storehouse. They're gone with some old personal files." Anissa falls with the door in house.

"Let me guess, you need me to tell you why?" I laugh. I'm actually mocking her. She's a psychologist and I'm smarter than her? How is that even possible?

"I can guess what Willow's looking for. She's after her biological father. How are you dealing with him?" She asks me. I have everything figured out. Even that part, even though I wasn't the one to put it in motion.

"Willow won't give up until she knows where she came from. We can use it against her." Anissa's eyebrows shoot up.

"We? You should have run this past me before you put it in motion. Mike Bennett wasn't a name I was expecting to hear again. But now I have, I don't need you." She shows me a photo of a perfect island, with just one house. It's a fantastic villa. But Anissa tears it in two. And then again. "Sometimes when you gamble, you lose."

*Willow Green POV*

This should be a surprise. I say while we walk up to the house in front of us.

"Especially when it's not the right guy." Talin affirms.

He's the only Visioned agent on the file that was unaccounted for. Well, that was until Peters found him.

"It hardly seems like a place you would find a Visioned operative." Andrews gives his opinion after he scanned the house. I do see his point. The lawn is tidy, but there's no trace of a woman living here. Unnecessary accessories – according to men – were nowhere to be found.

That's probably why he's here. I knock on the door with short, hard knocks. Should we have called first? I wonder out loud.

"Nah, I think that might have spooked him. He wouldn't live under an alias if he wanted visitors." Andrews reassures me. Apparently, no one is home, the door doesn't open. I pick out a bobby pin out of my hair and try to tinker in the lock to open the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Talin abruptly asks.

Just checking it out. It's not like I can leave a note, Talin. That might spook him.

"And breaking in doesn't?" I ignore him. "Hey, hey. Maybe an old man doesn't want to come home and find his house broken into. That might take things on the wrong foot. Willow, this can wait."

Than wait. I simply say after I had hear a click. I push the door open and step inside with a gun in front of me. Yeah, since we went rogue, I'm allowed to carry a gun around. I first take a look in the living room. No one. When I enter the kitchen, the gun gets kicked out of my hands and I get a blow on my face with my own gun that my attacker had stolen.

Through the pain, I recover as quickly as I can and give him a hit with my elbow in his abdomen and kick him on the shins so he lets the gun fall to the ground. He doesn't give me much time because he pulls my hair back and takes a knife out of a drawer next to him. He lunges towards me with it and I dodge it just in time to avoid a stab wound. He lifts the knife for a second time, but this time, I block it. The sharp point is just inches from my face and it's getting closer. He keeps pushing and I know my arms will give in soon