Chapter Fifty-Two

I'm going to bed. I communicate and want to walk out of the room.

"Me too. It has been a long day." Talin says. It's strange, but I don't question it. It has indeed been a long day and the last thing I want, is that he insults me again. We have been in this HQ for about month now and nothing has changed. It is frustrating sometimes.

"The two babies are going to sleep..." Andrews sighs.

"Babies?" Talin feels offended, that's clear. But I'm not quite following either.

"Oh, come on! You're both the youngest on the team. Willow's 17 and Talin's 19. Then, you have me, 28, Andrews is 36 and Peters is 37. You two are the babies." Satori laughs enthusiastically and actually, it's kind of funny. Especially after you see Talin's face.

I'm almost 18, though. I say while smiling.

"And I'm almost 20." Talin mutters. I wave concisely and go downstairs. Talin follows me in silence. When we arrive, I choose my side of the room and he chooses his. We haven't said a word to each other. I enjoy the silence and the fact that he isn't being rude. Because that's a specialty of his. I'm almost fully dressed when he starts talking.

"Your father might be looking for you too. There's one thing that's worse than losing family and that's not having one." He doesn't have any family? Liar. His file says that he has a brother. I quickly put on my pants and close the curtain a bit more. "Okay, what's wrong?" He opens the curtain with a swing so he can see me. He's shirtless. I have to be honest, even though I hate that guy, he has one hell of a body. If only his character was a bit nicer...

Nothing. I say.

"It doesn't look like nothing. It looks like there's something you're not telling us."

Please, Talin...

"Oh my God." He's suddenly terrified.

What?

"Do you..." Because he hesitates, I know what this is about.

No!

"You want to quit?" Like I thought. He's afraid he can't finish this mission to get a clean record with Ryan. And without a clean record, he will never be able to go on a real mission, involving shooting and solving mysteries. He will never be a real CIA-agent without my help. If he didn't already blow that chance by stealing CIA property!

No... I know what you meant. The answer is no.

"Oh, good." I look at him for the first time during our conversation. He's glad that I don't want to quit? That I haven't found my biological father yet? He sees me staring. "No, I don't mean good. I mean... I didn't mean good. I..."

Yeah... Is my answer before I turn around.

"You know what I mean." I nod while I walk to my bed. The curtain is still open, but I leave it like that. Partly because I'm too lazy to get back up to close it, and partly because I want to be a little bit friendlier towards him. But the moment he says something that doesn't please me, closing the curtain is the first thing that will happen.

Still, I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm sacrificing the careers the whole team for a small, stupid mission to find my biological father. It's still a dangerous mission, it's the CIA and Visioned. But the whole team chose to steal the black box. For me. Peters actually stole it. It was Andrews' idea and he involved the whole team in this. My mission. I should probably do it alone, but the problem is that I can't do it alone. I can't take Visioned on my own.

"What's on your mind?" Talin suddenly asks me. He's lying in his bed, staring at me.

I just feel like... You're sacrificing so much for me, and I'm not doing anything for you.

"If I can't get my family back, the least I can do is help you get back yours." Again? What's up with this guy? Doesn't he know he has a brother? Hasn't he read his own file? "My parents were killed and I never had any siblings." So, this isn't about a clean record anymore?