Prologue

Dear Mommy,

You will never get too hear this, but I say it anyway. It's for you, I wrote this for you. I did it on my own, you know. I wish I could be with you, just one more time. But I would take a camera with me so I could take a photo of those moments and keep looking at them forever... You were gone so sudden.

Willow, it's the prettiest tree on the entire world and the prettiest one that has ever existed, but also the saddest. You can experience the prettiest moments in it, but also the saddest ones.

Willow, you can learn a lot in it, just by sitting under its branches or in front of it and it can help your fantasy. Fantasy, that's just a wonderful thing, isn't it? You always told me that: "Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in life; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong side of the telescope."

Willow, a very strong tree.

Willow Callie Green. That was the name you gave me.

You were very smart, mommy, because you were my mommy. You taught me the language no one here speaks: Dutch. It's the language my family I only saw once in two years, speaks. You did tell me that one day you would tell me why we never see them, but there's a little problem now...

Remember when you took me and Gwenny and dad to the beach on my birthday? I was chasing some white birds and you were chasing me. Then you picked me up and threw me in the water. I wish I could go back to that day again. It was so perfect.

I still have the necklace you gave me for my birthday. I wear it every day because it reminds me of you. And I will never forget you, never ever, ever.

And the picture beside my bed. You didn't like that picture. But I say goodnight to it every night hoping one day you will say it back.

The day angels took you away, I knew there was a reason. There's always a reason for everything. I just haven't found what it is yet. But I'll figure it out, I promise.

I try not to cry when I think of you because when you'd leave for work, you used to tell me: "You might not see me for a very long time, but I am always with you." That's what I'll always think of. So mommy, I won't cry. I will be strong, I hope.

And I will be beautiful and I will always sing. I will become like you: strong, beautiful, as happy as possible, whatever happens, but also quiet and calm, sometimes playful and always helpful, always taking anyone else before myself just to make that person happy.

I want people to trust me. I will embrace my uniqueness like you told me. I will be confident because it allows us to succeed. I will celebrate being original. I will be true so I will be brave. And it costs nothing to be nice... I don't know where you got all those sentences but you used to say these all the time.

But now I'm standing here. Nine years old. My little sister Gwendolyn is six. My dad, is thirty-one. And my Mommy, you... Forever thirty.

I will see you again, sometime when an angel decides to take me up to see you. We will be together forever.

And mommy? I- I love you.

You little daughter,

Willow

***

Heeeeey!!! This was the first part of my story. Keep reading because it's a story full of action, mystery, drama and romance.

Love

Merry10002