Chapter 50-Marking

Start from the beginning

I felt the teeth leave my veins. Dustin's tongue brushed against the wound and it started to heal. I opened my eyes and smiled weakly at him. I was still weak.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"I don't know." He answered.

"We have to find them." I start to stand up. My legs give way as I grab the back of my head.

Dustin caught me before I could fall. "You can't walk." He said. He put me on his back and started running.

I cleared my mind and searched for the others' thoughts. Help! Shrieked a girl's thoughts. It was Bella. I looked around and saw her surrounded by the skeletons.

"Over there." I said urgently.

Dustin raced to the direction I pointed to. He pulled out a sword. I jumped off his back and he attacked the skeletons. I pulled out my pocket knife. I got up. I had to steady myself at first. Then I raced in to attack. I broke into the center and protected Bella directly.One of the skeletons dropped it's sword. I picked it up and gave it to Bella.

"I can't fight." Bella said.

"Use your instincts. They'll guide you." I told her.

We were back to back as we fought them. Moments later, the skeletons attacking Bella were gone. I started to fall. Bella grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. Dustin ran over to us.

"Are you okay?" Bella asked.

"Just need some of my strength back. I'll be fine." I reassured her. I looked over at Dustin. "I think I'll be good to walk."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. That'll help me regain my strength." I started to walk off. I tuned my ears into finding either Harry or Logan.

Dustin's P.O.V.

Bella leaned over and whispered into my ear. "What happened? Why is she so weak?"

"She had to go through a lot of pain." I told her.

I looked at the spot where I marked Ella. Bella must have caught my gaze. "Did you mark her?" I look at her with confusion. "I read a lot of werewolf books." She explained. "So did you?"

"I had to. She was dying from it." I look down. "Do you think she's mad at me?"

"Why would she be mad?" Bella asked.

"First I didn't tell her about the dangers of marking. Then Tristan told her that I was afraid to mark her. Finally I do mark her." I say guiltily.

We look over at Ella. She was concentrating on finding Logan and Harry's voices.

Bella's voice broke the silence. "I don't think she was mad at you because you were afraid to mark her. I think she was mad because you didn't tell her. She told me she never met someone who cared about her as much as you. She said you're the only one who was actually able to comfort her and make her feel safe and loved."

I look at her with astonishment. "She said that?"

"Yeah." Bella said.

"I found them." Ella said.

We ran to her side. She pointed in two different directions. Opposite sides of the clearing.

"Ella and I will go get Logan." I started.

"Bella doesn't stand a chance against the skeletons. Either way I need to get Harry that way he won't try to kill one of you if he smells blood." Ella interrupted.