Chapter 25-Truth Behind Harry

This chapter would be either 'Ella's past life' or 'Truth behind Harry'. I need you guys to vote on which is better. I love your feedback. Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

I look up at Ella. Her expression was confused. I nudge her leg with my head. I was still in wolf form. She looks down at me. I start to pout. She looks at me confusingly. She doesn't understand wolf genius! Yelled my wolf.

"Dustin you'll have to lead us back. I can't smell anything." Ella says.

I nod and I start sniffing around for the lake. I catch the scent and I start running. Ella follows me. I then lose her. I look around. I track down her scent and I find her.

"Maybe you should transform back into a human. That way you won't have the urge to run." Ella suggests.

She places her bag behind a tree. She then walks a few yards away. I morph and put on the clothes I had. We agreed to keep some of my clothes in her pack in case I morph. After I put on the clothes something falls out of Ella's bag. I pick up the object. It was an old photo. In the photo was two girls and a boy. One girl looked a little like a younger version of Ella. The boy looked like Harry. The last girl was younger then the other two. The youngest girl resembled the older one. Her hair was in pig tails and she was wearing an old dress. Ella was wearing a similar dress but her hair was down. Harry was wearing strange clothes that look like they're from a history book.

I walk back around from the tree, still looking at the photo. Suddenly Ella rips the picture out of my hands.

"I would like it better if you didn't look through my stuff." She says.

"Sorry. It fell out of your bag. Who are the people in that picture." I ask.

She sits down on a fallen tree. I sit next to her. "That's me, that's Harry, and that's Harry's little sister, Julie." She says pointing to each person in the photo.

"I never knew he had a sister." I say.

"That's because he doesn't have her any more." She says sadly.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You know that story I was telling you about with an old friend of mine killing his little sister? That was Harry in that story. He sucked Julie's blood." She explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"He was craving blood. She was bleeding. He couldn't help it." She says. "This picture was took a few days earlier."

"Is that why he's so paranoid? Because he craves human blood?" I ask, remembering what she told Aqua-pearl about Jack if he drank human blood.

"Yes. He didn't think. The temptation can do that to a new vampire. It was my job that day to turn him and Julie." She explains.

"Why did you have to turn them into vampires?" I ask.

"Werewolves. They were after their family for hiding vampires. It was my job to transform them and take them to a safe place. I turned Harry first. Then I went to turn Julie, but Harry pushed me out of the way and killed her. I pushed him off and then we started fighting. I nearly broke every bone in his body. After that day he went crazy. Both from the craving of human blood and from the guilt and pain of murdering his little sister. That's why he's the way he is." She explains.

"That explains a lot then." I say.

"Yeah. Harry may be completely crazy, but that's because he has to live with the guilt of that day. That's why I was scarred when I had to save you from dying that day." She says. "What happened to you anyway?"

"I was going to the clearing when something stabbed me and cut open a large cut on my arm. I didn't see who or what it was. It was to quick." I say.

"Well, at least we're okay now. Except for my sense of smell." She says, trying to lighten the mood. "Let's head back to the lake."

We got up and went back to the lake. The water was freezing but we went under. When we got back to the cave we bounded Jack and then went to bed.

Ella's P.O.V.

I was running. Arrows flew past me. One hit my neck. I fell. I kept falling and falling, to my doom.

"Ella." Dustin says in a scarred voice.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You past out then you started screaming. I think you were having a nightmare. Are you alright?" Asks Dustin.

"Yeah. I think so." I say.

"That's good." He says.

"Are you two done so I can get back to sleep?" Asks Jack.

"Shut up." Yelled Dustin.

"I think I'm gonna stay up so I won't have any more nightmares." I say sitting up against the wall.

"Then I'll stay up with you." Dustin says sitting next to me.

"You need your rest." I tell him.

"So do you." He says.

"Touché."

He puts his arm around me and then he lays the blanket on us.

"So when did Harry even start liking you?" Asks Dustin.

I think for a moment. "I think when we were in Texas and I removed the venom from a rattlesnake."

"You did that? How?" He asks in amazement.

"I caught it then it bit me and I bit it back and instead of blood I suck out the venom. It was a complete accident. But now we have our own venom-less rattlesnake." I laugh.

"You kept it?"

"Well if we didn't it would die. It kills it's prey through the venom. Damien keeps it now."

"That explains why you also have venom and how you started using it as lip gloss." He laughs.

"Yeah. My childhood wasn't all fun and games though." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"We had to keep moving from place to place. Always living in the shadows for hundreds of years. My only friend was Harry."

"It must be annoying having a person by you almost every second." He says.

"You're by me almost every second." I point out.

"Well you can tolerate me." He says.

"Most of the time." I glare at her. She laughs. "Harry wasn't that bad. Before he developed a crush on me he treated me like a little sister." I say.

"A little sister?" Dustin asks.

"Well Julie and I resemble each other. I guess he missed Julie so much he saw me as Julie. Like he's starting to see me as again. As Julie." I say.

"He was really a nice person wasn't he?"

"Yeah. Promise me if we go back that'll you'll cut him some slack."

"Promise. But I thought we were going to go back, to look through the catacombs?" Asks Dustin.

"We should. We'll go back on Sunday. We'll sneak into the catacombs and find the book." I say.

"Then we come back here?" He asks.

"Maybe." I say.

I snuggle up in his arm. We look off at the pool. We were waiting to see if another random night song shall come again. Nothing. After a while Dustin falls asleep. I just sit there.

Suddenly, I hear a gun shot from outside. I hear another. I start to get up to see what was happening. I didn't want to wake Dustin. I carefully remove Dustin's arm from around him. I removed the blanket from over me. I then slowly go down into the water.