Chapter 48-The Prophecy

Ella's P.O.V.

My eyes grew wide. Shocked and nervous faces, gasps, and disbelief filled everyone's face. The slayers are suppose to be dead. How is Tristan the last of the slayers? I think.

No! Mordred was never blessed with children of his own. Yet the prophecy. The oracle must be right. Mordred's decedents must be different. The voice said nervously.

"Ella. We need to get out of here." Dustin repeated.

I glanced over at my father. I never seen him this nervous and scared. He looked at me. He mouthed the words 'escape Eleanor'. Dustin pulled my hand. We made our way though the crowd. No one gave us much attention. They were all focused on Tristan. Logan and Harry followed us.

"Fine. If you will not present her to me I will unleash my army. Now, for you all to die." Tristan sneered.

Tristan took a bow and he got out an arrow. The cyclops on his left stepped forward. The items in his hands were now visible. One hand held a dead woman, in the other a girl. The girl was tied up by a rope and had duck tape over her mouth. The cyclops dropped the dead woman.

"That's Bella and her mother." Logan said.

"He killed his own mother and kidnapped his sister." Dustin said.

"The house was wrecked. He probably killed the mother than sent the cyclops to get her and mess the house to make it seem like thieves did it all." I add.

Tristan dipped the arrowhead in the mother's blood. He set the arrow and shot it into the center of the battlefield. There was rumbling. A dark red crack started to form in the ground. The ground splits open. Skeletons rose from the ground.

"Funny. This very clearing use to be a cemetery." Tristan sneered. "Now my army of the undead, rise and destroy the vampires and werewolves!" He commanded.

The skeletons glowed and were equipped with armor and weapons. They charged at us. I ran to my father. I grabbed his hand and brought him to Dustin's brother.

"Eleanor!" My father said angrily.

"If we want to survive we need to work together." I tell them.

"She's right. We need to defeat Tristan and his undead army." Dustin adds in.

"There were thousands buried here. If he has the power to raise them, then we're all dead." Logan said.

Dustin's brother turned to face my father. "We need to save both our kinds. We need to end the vampire and werewolf war right here, right now. Truce?" He held out his hand.

My dad just looked at his hand. "How can I be sure to trust you?" My father asked.

"How am I sure to trust you?" Dustin's brother asked, putting his hand down.

Dustin stepped between them and faced my father. "You have our word. If we show any signs of betraying you, I will accept all punishments."

I stepped next to him. "As will I."

"As shall we." Harry said as he and Logan stood at Dustin and my side.

"We must, for the sake of our kinds' existence." Dustin's brother says.

"Yes." My father turned to face the two armies. "There is a truce between the vampires and werewolves. The vampire and werewolf war is over." My father announces.

"But the war between all of us and the slayers is going to end tonight!" Dustin's brother added.

Both kinds charged at the skeletons. The two leaders turned to face us. My father turned his attention to Dustin. His face was stern. He still doesn't trust Dustin. Dustin's brother turned his attention to me. He smiled quickly.

He looked at Dustin. He placed his hand on his shoulder. "Stay alive my brother. Protect the ones you love."

Dustin nodded. "You too, Brenden."

Brenden turned to Logan. "Keep my brother out of trouble."

"Don't I always try my best to do that?" Logan asked.

Brenden smiled. He looked over at Harry and me. He smiled before he morphs and runs into battle.

My father looked at us. He stepped towards Dustin. "Protect my daughter, or this truly will be your last night."

My father turned to me. "You need to get out of here." I gave him a confused look. "You are the one who he is looking for. You are the one who is meant to defeat the slayers."

"But everyone thought they were dead until now. How could you know she was suppose to defeat the slayers?" Logan asked.

"The one born on the night of the super moon, blessed with unfathomable power, and one whose heart is pure, shall be the one to end the centuries long war. That was a prophecy I once stumbled upon. That is you Eleanor." My father explained. "This is your destiny."

"The prophecy Aqua-pearl sang was true." Dustin said.

"But she sang it to the both of us." I told him. I turned to my father. "In the prophecy you read it was only one person who was meant to end the war."

"If Ella is suppose to end the war, then why do you want her to leave?" Harry asked.

"In the prophecy it says that the chosen one is suppose to die." My father said sadly. "I can't let you do this."

Dustin's P.O.V.

"I must." Ella said.

"We're not letting you do this." Logan said.

"I almost lost you, too many times, I'm not losing you." I say.

"Let her go." Everyone looked at Harry. "Everything that she's done has lead her up to this. There's no way we can ever stop her from doing this, she's too stubborn to listen to us. Everything she's done before ended up fine, maybe this will."

"What part of 'the chosen one is suppose to die' don't you get?" Logan asked angrily.

"Guys, I have to." Ella says.

The book said that a mermaid's prophecy is always true. How are we both suppose to end this war if she dies? We've already ended the vampire and werewolf war, maybe that was the only war we were suppose to end. But that line, 'vampires, werewolves, and slayers unite', how are we all suppose to unite? I think. I look up the hill.

"Bella's a slayer, right?" I ask.

"Yes, she's Tristan's twin." Logan says.

 I turn to Ella. "Ella, do you still believe in prophecies sung by mermaids?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter is short. Vote and Comment!!~Writergirlsoccer