Chapter 29-Ella's Spare Time

Ella's P.O.V.

I stayed back at the cave for the day. It was killing me. I hate having nothing to do. Dustin and Jack made me promise that I wouldn't leave the cave. I think they still think I'm crazy. Aqua-pearl is stuck watching me, making sure I didn't do anything crazy or if I have an outburst again.

"I'm so bored!" I complained. "How do you stand this?"

"Easy I go swimming for hours and hours." Aqua-pearl answers.

"Well I can't go anywhere." I mock Jack's voice.

"There just trying to protect you like you do for them. You did seem really crazy yesterday." Aqua-pearl states.

I let out a sigh. I lay down on my back. I look at the ceiling of the cave. There's nothing to do! I pick up a pebble and throw it at the wall. It smashes into pieces. Stupid pebble.

"Hey do you mind if I go for a swim?" Aqua-pearl asks.

"Go." I say exasperated.

When she's gone I get up and I look around the cave. It wasn't very big. I was getting hungry. I would eat one of my kills if I was hunting. What was it that Jack said before he left?

I walked towards where Jack usually sleeps. I see some sort of light from the corner. I walk over to it. There I see a small assortment of items.

There was a small necklace, if that's what you would call it. It was a small rope chain. There was a broken part to it. Not far from it was a fang. I put the chain and fang in my pocket for later examination.

There was also a camera and a picture frame. In the picture frame there was a picture of Jack and, what I guessed, his family. There were a few pictures on the side. There was one of Jack and another boy. The other boy had dark black hair and blue eyes. He looked similar to Dustin. In another picture there was a very small boy. He had messy, dark brown hair and green eyes. He was holding a squirrel. He had a big smile on hid face. I knew it was Dustin as a kid. Those green eyes can't belong to anyone but him.

There was also some berries. I take one and pop it in my mouth. I spit it right out. I pick another one up. I roll it between my thumb and forefinger. It gives way and breaks. Spoiled. I look at my fingers. They are stained from the red berry juice. This gives me an idea.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I was reluctant to leave Ella. I know she'll find a way out. She'll be dying of boredom. I'll make it up to her somehow.

"Dustin?" Jack's voice sends me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"You okay? You seem distant."

"Sorry. I don't think we should have left Ella back at the cave."

"She's gone crazy." Jack states. "I don't want a crazy person hunting. Plus she's with Aqua-pearl. She's in good hands."

"Yeah, well, Ella's not the best with people." I say.

"What do you mean?" Jack asks.

"She's not good at trusting people. This isn't helping either. She loves hunting. Plus she's your teacher in the art of vampirism or whatever." I say. "Not me."

"You're so in love with her aren't you?" Jack asks with a smirk on his face.

"Ye-. Shut up." I say. "Let's find something good. Let's split up to see how well your sense of smell is." I say.

Jack nods his head and we go in separate directions. I had killed three squirrels, four birds, and I had collected tons of berries. Animal meat is a part of a werewolf's main diet. It has to with our animal nature. I didn't skin the animals. I didn't have anything to skin them with. Usually Ella would suck the blood out of the kill and then it would become thin so we could almost perfectly pull the pelt off of it and eat the meat. I wanted to keep the blood in them for Ella anyway.

I wanted to find another animal. I wanted it to be something with rich blood for Ella. I felt really bad for leaving her behind and wanted to make it up to her. I think of an animal that might have rich blood. I don't drink blood, since I'm a not a vampire, so I don't know what blood tastes like.

I think back to a lesson on vampires. I remember hearing that they go crazy for a certain type of animal blood. I think Brenden said it was an animal that just shouts naive and kindness. I think of several animals. But then I make a final decision. A rabbit. 

I see a perfectly white one. Small but not to small. I approached it. It looked at me and continued to nibble on a flower. Naive. It was perfect. I pounced on it and suffocated it. That was the least painful and the cleanest way to kill something.

I meet back up with Jack at the edge of the lake. We dived into the water with the kill bag. When we resurfaced, Aqua-pearl was starring at the wall in awe. Jack looked at the wall as well. I then take a look. There was a painting.

It was faded but I knew what it was. I knew the scene in a heart beat. It was Ella and I, the night we met. She was looking down at me. I was knocked out from the battle with Rob. I had her jacket sleeve around my arm wound. She sat down right next to me. Her eyes looked tired. But she never stopped watching me.

Was this what it was like when I was out? To think. I save her life after an impulse of some sort that makes me want to save her. I could have let her die. She could have let me die. But if we had let each other die, we wouldn't have been in this mess. The mess that I was always destined to be in. No, not a mess, an adventure.

Ella's P.O.V.

I walk out of the dark corner. I held the, now fixed, necklace in my hands. I was then picked up by something wet and strong. I come out of my daze. Dustin had picked me up and was now spinning me. I laugh. It was fun, I had to admit.

He stopped spinning me and allowed my feet to touch the ground again, but he had not let me out of his embrace. "As much as I love to be spun around, why?" I ask happily.

"I never knew you were an amazing artist." He says.

I gave him a confused look. Then I remember the wall painting. "Oh, that. I just had the image in my head I had to get it out." I say. "I couldn't have made it like that without the actual image."

"Well I think it's wonderful." He says.

"I'm glad. It took hours. I really hate staying here alone while you guys hunted." I say.

"Well that will never happen again unless you think you shouldn't go." He assures me. He now let me out of his embrace.

"Jack. I fixed this for you." I say. Jack comes over and I give him the necklace that I found by his stuff. "I'm sorry I went through your stuff. I was bored and I saw the stuff."

He looked at me with the widest smile on his face. He picked me up and spun me like Dustin had done. He kept saying 'Thank you' for fixing his necklace. When he stops spinning me and lets me go I feel dizzy from all the spinning. Then I see Jack put the necklace on.

"What's with the fang on it though?" I ask.

"It was the fang of a vampire. The one that killed my parents. The alpha in my pack, at the time, tracked the vampire down and attempted to kill it. It got away but not after the fang was knocked out of it's mouth. I kept the fang as a memory of my parents." He explains.

"I'm so sorry." I say softly.

"I vow I'll get my revenge on the vampire." Jack says.

"Just a question but, what did the vampire look like?" Dustin asks.

"It was tall. It had pitch black hair. It's eyes were a horrible dark red. It also kept protecting something. The thing my parents were trying to kill." Jack explains.

"Did you catch the vampire's name at all? Or what it was protecting?" Dustin asked.

"I think it was another vampire or something. It was to dark for me to get a good look at it. But the hidden vampire did say the other vampire's name. It called him Damien."