Chapter 21-The Escape

• Dedicated to Kyla

Okay last chapter I said I was thinking of naming the chapters when I edit my books. This one will be something like The Escape or The Noise. Vote on which Tittle for the chapter you like best. Hope you like it! Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

I wake up early that morning. It was the morning of our escape, Dustin's and mine. I put on black jean capris. (They are actually quite easy to run in and tough to penetrate.) I also wear a dark green t-shirt with black combat boots.

I look at myself as best as I could. I could not look at a myself with a mirror, since I have no reflection. This reminds me how I shall never be normal like Bella, who dreams to be either a vampire or a werewolf. She is very lucky to be mortal. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like, to be, mortal.

 I decided that it was acceptable clothing for a survival training mission. That was the lie Dustin and I were telling. It was best to play the part out as best as we can until we meet up in the clearing. I brush my messy hair. Then another figure's presence accompanies me. It was Harry.

He takes the brush from my hand and starts brushing my hair. He use to do this when we were kids, if that's what you would call it since I was of no age of a mortal children. Harry had a little sister once. He would always brush her hair. He is older than I am. Only by a year or two. Or at least he appears that way. I'm many years older than he is. Now that he sees that Dustin and I are meant to be, that we are truly mates, he has been treating me as his friend again. I like it when he treats me like he use to. But now he treats me like a little sister.

"Heard you were going on a survival training mission." Harry says.

"Yes." I answer suspiciously.

"It's not really training, is it?" He whispers into my ear, still brushing my long dark hair.

"How did you know?" I whisper back.

"Because I know how stubborn you are." He laughs.

I turn and glare at him. But he isn't wrong. I am as stubborn as anything. He knows me very well. So he knows that the worst I might do to him, at the moment, is punch him. I turn my head back so he can continue brushing.

"I mean, I know you won't let him go so easily. You're set on keeping him alive." He whispers.

"And he's set on keeping me alive." I whisper.

"I think you met someone as stubborn as you." He laughs. I hit his hand. "He really loves you, doesn't he?" Harry asks softly.

"Yes. That's why he's set on keeping me safe. That's why we're running." I whisper.

He is now done brushing my hair. He puts it up in a pony tail for me. He helps me up.

"Can I see you off?" He asks.

"I'd rather you than anyone else. He's waiting for me in the clearing." I answer.

We walk down the stairs. I say my good-byes to my parents. Damien wasn't happy at all about me going on my own, but he still hugged me good-bye. Holly teared up and my mother nearly cried. I promised them I would return. With that, Harry and I walk the long distance to the river and a cross it to the clearing.

I look around for Dustin. He said he was here. Then Harry screamed. I turned around and saw that Dustin was tackling Harry.

Dustin's P.O.V.