Chapter 40-Brother Trouble

Wow we're finally up to chapter 40! I thought I would stop around the 30th chapter but then the whole Aqua-pearl and Jack scenes replaced the end and helped the story better. There's only a few chapters left before the end of this book. Comment and Vote!~Writergirlsoccer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

I woke up early. I couldn't get the battle out of my mind along with the constant thought of losing Ella. I decided to get the thoughts out like I usually do; by training. It allows me to get out anger. I went down to the gym and started training.

After a few hours I sat down for a break. Sweat covered my body.My breathing was slow and heavy. I looked at the clock. It was only six in the morning.

"Are you okay?" I turn my head. It was Brenden. "You broke nearly every dummy in here." I looked around. I really did break all of them.

"Sorry, a lot on my mind." I admit.

He sits down next to me. "Anything I can help you with?" He asks.

I looked at him strangely. "You haven't wanted to help me since I was six." I say angrily.

"That's because I wasn't in charge of a whole pack back then." Brenden nearly shouted in anger.

We look at each other. The room became very tense. I didn't like how he could ask like he hadn't been ignoring me for the past eight years.

"That doesn't mean you had to forget I exist." I state. I get up and start walking to the exit.

"I had more important matters to handle." He yelled.

I stop dead in my tracks. I turn to face him. "More important things? What's more important then last member of your family that is still alive? But of course you think that planning to destroy an entire kind." I yell.

"I'm doing this to protect everyone in the vampire kind from those filthy blood sucking traitors." He yelled back.

"There's no proof that they even sold us out to the slayers. If it wasn't for them most of the slayers would still be alive today." I yell. He crossed the line now.

"We don't need proof. How else would the slayers have found our hiding place?" He yelled. "And we destroyed the slayers."

"Not single handily. There were too many of them for just us toi have destroyed. The vampires killed at least half maybe even more and you know it." I yelled.

That put him in his place. He comes closer to me. He glares at me as I glare back. "Why are you defending the vampires?" He asks.

"I am just saying the facts. It was never mentioned that it was a vampire who betrayed us." I growl before I storm off.

Ella's P.O.V.

I was up most of the night. I couldn't choose between my pack and Dustin. I wanted them both. I love my pack, but I love Dustin just as much. I just want peace between both our kinds.

I was the first one down stairs. I made myself some waffles, sausage, and a cup of blood. I finished first and jumped in the shower. I needed to wake up and clear my mind.

I was sitting next to Bella on the bus. "I'm so excited for the dance tomorrow." She was ecstatic. "I just want to dance the night away with Logan."

"Too bad you can't." I muttered.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Anyway aren't you just dying for tomorrow night?" Bella asked.