Chapter 3-Run In With A Were

I jumped. I grabbed the branch of the tree right by my house. I pulled myself up onto the branch and quickly crawled towards the trunk of the tree. I grab my binoculars that I placed around my neck and looked to see if anyone saw me. Luckily no one did. I usually sneak out at night to get away from everyone. I've never been caught yet. I carefully climb down the tree and set off into the night.

My house was surrounded by trees. It was hidden to everyone. I walked down to the river. We lived right by the Hudson River. I cross it by jumping on the rocks. I am very careful. I can't swim. At least not that well.

There is a vast wilderness on that side. I walk right through it. I love the forest. When I reach a clearing I hear footsteps. I smell that same inhuman scent. Then I'm tackled by something. It growls at me. I try to push it off but I can't.

A familiar grin spread across it's face. The words "I said you'll be mine beautiful," rang in my head.

Rob's a werewolf!

I try my best to get him off me but I can't. He pins me down and tries to bite my neck.

"Help," I scream. My family may have super hearing but they are too far away to answer my distress call.

Tears start to roll down my cheek as Rob taunts me. Then right before he can bite me something knocks him off. It was another werewolf. They were fighting to what seemed like to the death. Rob's fur was the same color as his hair. As for the other wolf, its fur was a dark gray. Soon the other wolf was hurt badly and Rob left.

"I'll get you next time beautiful! You can count on it!" Rob screamed as he ran off with a few injuries.

I know I should start heading home but something stops me. That wolf just saved my life, but why? I rush to the other wolf and crouch down by it. I see it's bleeding, a lot. I pick it up as best as I could and brought it by the river.

It transforms back into a human. But, like all werewolves, naked. He was still unconscious. I grab a jacket (that was Damien's) and some shorts (also Damien's). I put them on him. I see how badly he had been injured on his arm. I tear off a piece of my long sleeve shirt (I had my jacket on the side since I was over heating in it) and place it in the water. I rinse out some of the remaining water and I tie it tightly around his arm. I do this to his leg as well with my other sleeve. My shirt was now sleeveless.

He was still unconscious. I didn't want to leave him all alone. I take off my sun glasses revealing my piercing amber eyes. I take my bag and put it under his head so he would have a pillow. He had the same dark gray hair as he had in wolf form. He was strong. I could tell by his muscles and the way he fought Rob. Why was Rob trying to bite my neck?

I ended up dozing off a bit. I was angry too though. I was afraid that Rob would come back and attack this guy. Or that he would wake up and attack me himself. I kept asking myself endless questions. Soon enough I heard him wake up.

"Where am I?" He asked and then our eyes locked.

I blushed. He did to. It looked kind of cute.

"Uh, you saved me from that other werewolf, Rob. You were injured so I tended to your wounds. Thank you for saving my life."

"Thank you for healing my wounds." He had the greenest eyes.

"You're welcome; you wouldn't even need healing if you didn't help me. Anyway, I don't want to seem rude but what's your name anyway?" I asked trying hard not to look directly at his eyes.

"My name is Dustin. And what's your name vampire girl?" Said the boy.

"How did-"

Dustin interrupted me. "Your beautiful amber eyes."

Dustin's P.O.V.

Did I really just admit how beautiful her eyes were?

She blushed. It was adorable. "My name is Ella."

Ella what a beautiful name fits for a beautiful girl. I don't know why but I felt strangely attracted to her. Can she be the one, my mate? But she's a vampire. How can my mate be a vampire?

"Are you okay?" Ella asks looking concerned. I must have kept staring into her eyes.

"Yeah," She smiles with relief. Then she looks at the moon. It was setting as the sun would be rising.

"Oh no, I have to go." She says in a panic.

I hand her bag and I stand up. I didn't want her to go. But I know I have to let her leave. She seems nearly scared out of her mind. I don't want her to be so scared.

"Good-bye Ella." I say sadly.

She frowns. "We can meet again. Come here again tonight. We can hangout." We both smile.

"Good-bye Dustin. And thank you again for saving my life." Then she disappeared to the opposite side the river.