Chapter 39-Their Return

Dustin's P.O.V.

We woke up early that day. We packed up our stuff and masked our scents.

"You ready?" I ask Ella.

"Yeah." She answered.

We exit the cave. Ella turns to head down her way. I take her hand and turn her to face me. I give her lips a kiss.

"Until next time." I whisper.

She smiled and walked away. I walked the way to my house. I heard footsteps nearby. I was tackled by something.

"Dusty!" Yelled Rosie.

"Rosie? What are you doing out here alone Rosie?" I ask her as I pick her up.

"Lizzy and I are hunting with Rachael." She answers.

"Rosie!" Yelled Lizzy. When she came into view she smiled. "Dusty!" She ran into my arms.

"Lizzy, where's Rachael?" I ask.

"Guys, I told you to stay close!" Yelled Rachael as she approached. "Dustin, you're back."

"Yes. You're not going to tackle me two, are you?" I ask.

"The hunting trip is over girls." Rachael says. "Time to go back."

Ella's P.O.V.

After a pleasant 'welcome back' feast and a fictional story of my training I headed up to my room. It was only six and I still have school. When I arrived my phone had twelve text messages from Bella. I decide to call her.

"Hello?" Asked the voice on the other line. It defiantly wasn't Bella.

"Hello. This is Ella. Is Bella there?" I ask.

"Hey Ella it's Tristan. Sorry Anna-Bell is busy at the moment. I'll tell her to call you back."

"Thanks Tristan. Bye."

"Wait." He says in a panic.

"Yes?" I ask in confusion. What does he want?

"I was wondering why you weren't in school? You seemed fine the other day in the woods with your dog."

"I had an allergic reaction to something that was in the woods." I lied.

"Oh. If you're allergic to something in the woods why did you say you go there a lot?" He asks.

"Like I said then, that was my first time in that part of the woods. I didn't know what was out there except the endangered wolves." I say hostilely.

"Alright then no need to get angry. So you'll be back today?" He asks.

"That depends, are you still going to be annoying?" I ask.

'"You're so funny." He laughs. "But face it, Dustin is a loser. He doesn't deserve you. You deserve more than him." He presses on.

"And who do I deserve? A jerk who doesn't know when to quit like you? Dustin is not loser. You're the loser." I yell.

"Don't anger me Ella. You have no idea what I am capable of." He says hostilely.

I hung up. Why does he have such an interest in me and a hatred for Dustin? I think.

"I don't know." Bella responded after I told her about the phone call. It was after school and we were walking around town.

"It's weird. Dustin told me that him and Tristan were best friends." I say in confusion.

"They were. After a while I guess they just grew apart." Bella says. She turns her head and looks into a shop window. "Wow."