Chapter 4-Another Meeting

Ella's P.O.V.

I ran as fast as I could home. I climbed up the tree as fast and as quietly as I could. I climbed through my window and tossed my bag on the floor and quickly changed into a black jacket and some jeans. I then headed down stairs, but not before I messed up my bed so it would seem like I slept in it. I was still really tired though. Since the only bit of sleep I got were a few minutes of dozing off.

Today I'll say I'm going to sleep over Bella's house. That way I could spend the whole night getting answers from Dustin. Yesterday I told my family how Bella and I became friends. I feel bad I can't tell her more about vampires though. She's so enthusiastic about them. But I have to keep my family and myself safe.

I walked down stairs and sat at the breakfast table. Holly was their too. She makes herself and me waffles. I lay my head down on the table and doze off.

"Ella", I wake up and look at Holly, "are you alright?" She asks with a concerned look on her face. My family always looks out for each other.

"Yeah," I lie. Truth is I'm beat.

She gives me her 'now tell me the real answer' look. "I won't tell anyone." She says.

"I couldn't sleep last night. To engrossed in a book."

"Now was that so hard? I won't tell Mom or Dad."

I'm a master liar, the best in the family. So when I actually try to lie no one can tell. At first I was too tired to make an effort so it was easy to spot the lie. But, now that I have had some food, I'm ready to lie again.

Soon Damien starts to make his way down stairs. If he sees the bags under my eyes he'll ask what's going on. Holly tosses me her sunglasses. I mouth a thank you to her as Damien walks in. He looks at the two of us. He grabs a plate of waffles and sits down at the wooden table. There was a white table cloth on it. It looked really nice and fancy that way.

"Why are you two up so early?" Damien asks. Holly and I are usually awakened by Damien.

"We were starving so we came down stairs and made ourselves some breakfast." I answer.

He nods confirming the information. Soon our father and mother arrive downstairs. By then we were all cleaning up our dishes and leave them to eat. I grab my school bag and start down to the bus stop.

On the bus Bella and I sit next to each other. I ask her if she can wake me up when we get to school because I couldn't sleep. She agrees and I get a peaceful half hour to sleep. But for the whole time I have dreams of last night.

I felt a strange warm and fuzzy feeling when I think of him. And I feel a weird attraction to him. I don't want anyone to keep us apart. I just met him and I already feel like this, what's going on? I will keep him my little secret. If anyone in my family knew that I had met a werewolf they would kill him. And I'm not letting that happen.

Dustin's P.O.V.

Last night, when I returned to my pack, they were worried. They looked at my wounds and put proper bandages on them. I change into my pajamas and head for bed. My best friend, Logan, is there as worried as ever.

"What happened last night?" He asks.

"Dude it's five in the morning."

"It's six in the morning. Why'd you run off like that?"

Before I rescued Ella I was on my way home with Logan. I told him to go back and that I would be late. I morphed into my wolf form and sprinted to the clearing. I saw the jerk Rob attacking someone. He was about to bite her neck. I was about to leave when I saw a tear roll down her cheek. I knew that Rob was forcing her to be his mate by marking her. So I saved Ella. Then she saved me by healing my wounds. But I know I couldn't tell Logan. He would get so nervous and would tell the alpha. The alpha is, unfortunately, my brother. If he knew what happened he would ask who she was. And if he found out Ella was a vampire, he would kill her and her family. But he would have to fight me first. Every time I think of Ella I get a warm and fuzzy feeling. I think she might be my mate. The only way I'll know for sure is if I feel a shock when I touch her. And I'm determined to know if she is. But no matter what, I shall keep her my little secret I couldn't let anyone hurt her.

"I can't tell you please respect that and let me sleep. I have to go back to school tomorrow." I groan.

Then Logan left me alone and I fell asleep.

I woke up at three in the afternoon. THREE! I guess I will always need recovering. Anyway everyone was gone and I felt fine so I went into town. School just ended; maybe I can find Logan and get the homework. I'm getting behind in school because of all my injuries. With that I head out into town packing my bag with extra clothes in case I need to morph.

Ella's P.O.V.

School was fine today. Rob left me alone so that was good and no homework for the weekend. I was in town walking around by some old shops.

Then someone pulled me into an alley. When they knocked me to the ground I saw it was Rob's friend Jake. He had the same kind of hair as Rob. They all did. Rob's was the darkest though. He pulled me up and pinned me against the brick wall.

"You're going to pay girl. No one refuses Rob! So now you're going to be with him, till you die!" He said in my face.

He tried to tie my hands together but someone knocked him down. It was Dustin!

"You'll have to go through me first." He said.

One of Rob's other friends was about to tackle Dustin. I kick him in the face. Then they attacked. I knocked down the four that attacked me by kicking and punching. Dustin knocked out his four just the same. Jake seemed frightened.

"This isn't over!” He yelled at us. “Back to the pack," He commanded the others.

They fled quickly. I turned to Dustin, who was staring at me. He blushed. Then I did the same.

"Thanks again. Why did you come here?" I asked.

He laughed. "Thank you for helping me. I've wanted to pound those guys." He said pounding his fist.

I smile. I look into his green eyes. I'm lost in how great they are. I notice that part of his shirt was ripped revealing the bandages. I guess his pack fixed him up. I see his hair is a dark brown now. When my eyes return to his he is studding me just as carefully. I blush and turn my gaze to the ground.

"I guess I met you again because I missed you so much. Plus you needed help." He said responding to my earlier question.

"Maybe I should stay out of trouble."

"Please don't, I need the fun of fighting in my life. Plus I love saving you." He said with the same soft wonderful smile on his face.

"Really, you nearly broke your arm because of me." I say shyly.

"It doesn’t matter to me."

I smile. I think that he is so sweet. I don't know why I have these feelings for someone who I barely know. I think he feels the same. I don't know how to respond, so I don't.

"Do you want to hang out? Like go to a movie or the park?" He asks shyly.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I asked her out on a date. I really wanted her to say yes. I am positive she's my mate. I need to find out though. It takes her a while to answer. I'm forgetting she's a vampire. She probably doesn't want my scent on her. Now she'll defiantly say no!

To my surprise she says yes. She grabs my hand. As soon as she does I feel a shock.

"Ow. I got a shock, but how?" She says confusingly.

I smile. I was right. I felt the shock. She felt the shock. She is my mate. And she will never get attacked by anyone as long as I'm here.