Chapter 22-The Sea Monster

Alright so here's the long awaited Chapter 22. This chapter would be called 'The Sea Monster. Yeah I will never do something like I did last time unless it's for the last chapter or something. I posted this without the full 15 votes because this is a really good chapter. Yeah a friend of mine (you know who you are) has been very threatening and annoying for me to post this chapter. But she kills me no more book so ha ha. This chapter reveals a few things that weren't revealed in earlier chapters. Also I know there are a lot of grammar mistakes. I haven't had the time to re-read my books so if you have any problem just post a comment and ask. I hope you like it! Comment and Vote! ~Writergirlsoccer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

We heard it all right. But we didn't see it. Dustin pulled me closer to him. We didn't want to let each other go. The fog started to part different ways. A silhouette of something was all we saw. It was approaching us. Dustin tensed up, ready to attack whatever was coming. I ready myself as well. Dustin wasn't going to fight this thing alone.

Dustin then covers his ears and winces. But at what? Then I hear it. A loud, high pitched shrieking noise. It was horrible. I covered my ears as well. If I wasn't a vampire, my ears would be bleeding. All of a sudden I reach out for Dustin. I opened my eyes. He was drifting away. So was I.

There was no current at all. The sea monster, I assume, is causing this. Dividing us to kill us. But it doesn't come near us. It swims right past us. It goes towards the edge. Dustin and I are still pulled aside into our own parts of the pond, the other clearly visible on the other side. As well as the silhouette approaching the edge.

I try to swim towards Dustin, without success. There is a current surrounding each of us. We are unable to swim to each other. Divide and conquer. That is it's strategy. We are strong alone, but stronger together.

The scream of the man rises again. We turn both our heads towards the noise. I was afraid for the unknown man. For the man who is on his death bed. I focus only on the silhouette and the man. The silhouette went over the man. Then they both disappeared.

Fear was my only emotion. Fear for the man. Fear for Dustin. Fear for what the silhouette is. It was a vague outline. Unable to identify it. I focused on the spot where the silhouette took the man. My body temperature started to drop. I was imaging things. The silhouette murdering Dustin. Me killing myself. I had never felt alive before I met Dustin. I never knew any other sort of emotion but pain and sorrow for too long. He brought back the emotions that have left me for far too long.

I saw the silhouette. It was approaching me. All I saw was the outline of a head. It came about a yard in front of me. It screamed in pain. It disappeared again. I can tell where it was going. I started swimming as fast as I could. It may have left me alone, but that might not go for Dustin. I was able to get to Dustin before the silhouette. He pulled me close to him.

"Why did you come here?" He asks.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I saw the silhouette leave Ella alone. I knew it was coming here. But why did Ella? I told her that I would handle the monster. I see now how her stubbornness can get her killed.

"I'm not letting it kill you." She says.

"I'm not letting it kill you." I say.

"Then let me help protect you. It may have left me alone, but you might not be so lucky." She states.

Before I could say anything the silhouette rises out of the water. The outline of a head was all we could see. I pulled Ella close to me. The silhouette approaches. It gets about a yard in front of us when Ella bears her fangs to frighten it.