Chapter 24-Confessions

Next chapter. This chapter would be either 'Confessions' or 'Secrets revealed'. Vote on what title you like better. Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

I was the first to wake up that morning. I looked around. Aqua-pearl was still floating in the pool. Jack was still bounded to the ground by the seaweed. I tried to sit up but something kept me down. I looked down. Ella was cuddling up to me in her sleep. I smiled at her. She smiled in her sleep. I kiss the top of her head. I lay back down. I look around the cave from down there.

Ella started to wake up. She lifted her head from my chest. She yawns a little. Then she turned towards me. She sits up next to me. I put my arm around her. She leans her head against my shoulder.

"Don't fall back to sleep." I whisper.

"I won't. I had this weird dream last night. You and I were sitting here and Aqua-pearl started to glow-" She started.

"Then she sang that weird song." I finished. "I had the same dream."

"I don't think it was a dream. I think it really happened." Ella says.

"Then why do we only remember it as a dream?" I ask. "And why did she sing that song?"

"Maybe we fell asleep right after so it seems like a dream. We were really tired." She says.

"And the song?" I ask.

"Well, I read once that mermaids sing songs to lure victims to their doom. I doubt that was what she was singing though." She says.

"Maybe if we looked in some sorta book on mermaids we'd be able to figure out what it was."

"But it's not like we could go to the library or the book store and ask for a book about mermaids. I doubt they'll have anything useful."

"I know. Under the pack house there's the catacombs. In the catacombs thier's an old library that my ancestors used to keep records on other creatures. Their's got to be something on mermaids." I say.

"Aren't catacombs used to keep corpses?" Ella asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Why do you guys have catacombs? Do werewolves die that often?" Ella asks.

"No. We put some of the dead soldiers from our troops down there. They are in coffins though. There's bones from kills though. We don't live forever like vampires." I say sadly.

She takes my hand in her's. She gives me a reassuring smile. "Let's not think about that then."

We sit there for a while. Aqua-pearl wakes up followed by Jack, screaming to be released. We go for another hunting session. Jack gets use to the speed of a vampire. He still needs to get use to stepping quietly. After a while we decide to take a little break.

"What reeks?" Asks Jack.

"That's you." Laughs Ella.

"Why do vampires smell like death?" He asks.

"Because their the undead." I say.

"Not all of us." Ella says.

"What do you mean?" Asks Jack.

"Some vampires are born vampires, like I am. Some are transformed, like Jack. If you were transformed, then you have died from the bite but brought back from the venom. But if you were born from full blood vampires, you're basically dead and you have never lived." Ella explains.