Chapter 43-Disasters

Dustin's P.O.V

The three of us walked down to Robin drive. Robin drive lead down to the river. Ella held a tight grip on my hand. Logan took her other hand. We were all scared and nervous.

"I never would have guessed this would have happened when we moved here." Ella says.

"I never thought this would happen at all." Logan said.

"I expected something like this to happen. Just when I find my mate, I might lose her. Why do they have to be so thick headed instead of opening their eyes and seeing that we're not that different." I say angrily.

"That's because they look at the bad attributes. I mean my own family called me weak. They wouldn't even let me do anything. EVerything I know I taught myself or watched them do it." Ella says sadly.

"They didn't know what a great warrior and healer you are?" Logan asked in surprise.

"I feel like my family barely knows me. When anyone in my pack besides Harry sees me, they see their sweet, delicate, little princess. They think that's all I'll every be because that's what I appear as." Ella says.

"Well most people only see me as the smart nerdy kid. But I can fight." Logan says.

"People just sees me as the tough beta. Nothing more nothing less." I admit.

"How come we've only known each other for a month and we see each other for what they really are but the people who've known us our whole lives don't?" Ella asked.

"We didn't just look at the fact that we're different in size, appearance, or kinds. We became friends because we looked past that. We didn't care if we were different." I say.

"Why can't the others see that?" Logan asked. "I mean we're just teenagers and we're smarter than them. Why can't we just tell them that there's no reason to be at war?"

"Like you said, we're just teenagers. They won't listen to us. They'll never believe anything we say." Ella points out.

"They should." I mutter.

"I am going to miss you guys." We both turn to face Ella. Tears were streaming down her face. We both hug her. Tears started steaming down Logan's face two. Soon tears rolled down my face.

"I'm glad we became friends. Even with all the risks and now." Logan whispered.

"I love you guys." Ella whispered.

"We love you two." I whispered.

"No matter what we'll always be friends." Ella whispered.

"Agreed." Logan and I whispered.

We pulled back. Ella laid her head on my shoulder. I had my arm around her. Logan walked, sulking. We all head to prepare for what's going to be the worst night of our lives.

I stuck my opposite hand in my pocket. I felt something. It was the crystal ring. My intentions were to give it to Ella so she'd be marked without actually having to mark her. But after what my wolf said, I realize he's right. Anything might happen to her. It may have magical properties but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous.

Ella's P.O.V.

I hated this feeling of insecurity. I have felt it for almost my whole half life. I feel like I'm never out of danger. I wish I was a mortal. I wish I was Bella. Just a harmless mortal girl. I hated my vampire status. I wish every thing we were about to face never existed.

Why is this the day I die? I question.

All events have lead to this day. You could never have avoided it. This is your destiny. Like the mermaid had said. The voice slurred.

I think over the words of the prophecy she had sung. They couldn't be true though. She had mentioned the slayers. They're long gone. Both the vampires and werewolves had wiped them out of existence. We have used things that now go down as darkest days in history.

The Great Fire of London, caused by both kinds setting fire to the bakery on Pudding Lane. The owner of the bakery's maid was a member of the slayers. She was trapped and died in the fire.The fire spread over and killed nearly the entire slayer workers. Some had escaped prior to the fire.

The titanic, caused by the vampire Captain Smith. Over half the passengers and crew were slayers. He had calculated that they would hit the ice berg. Since nearly all the slayers a board the ship were men, he had enforced the rule 'women and children first'. That way he was able to spare the lives of the mortals. The mission had been a success. Only one hundred mortal passengers had died.

The mysterious deaths from all over the world, caused by both kinds. The werewolves mainly killed in their wolf forms, making it seem as if it was only wolf attacks. The vampires had a much more difficult time. We had followed our prey until we had the perfect chance to attack. It was very difficult for us.

"Dang." Logan said in amazement.

I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked in the direction Logan and Dustin were looking in.

"Oh no." I said.

Dustin's P.O.V.

Ella ran towards the house. It had three floors. It looked like it was recently re-done. The door was broken open. It seemed somehow familiar.

"Bella's house." I say as I remember it.

The windows were broken. There was a car in the drive way. The car was an old, battered jeep. It was a silver 2009 jeep wrangler. The lawn was dead. The little garden gnomes were smashed. No one was in sight. Logan and I ran in.

The house looked like it was ransacked. There was glass from the windows, lamps, and antiques. Ella ran upstairs.

"Look around for anyone. I'll look upstairs with Ella." I instruct Logan.

He nods and runs to look in other parts of the house. I ran upstairs. No one was in sight. Every room was ransacked. Everything was messed up and broken.

I walked into a small bedroom. Ella was holding something in her hands. I walked over and looked at it.

"Bella's mask." Ella murmured.

"No one's in the house." I told her.

"I know." She says.

"Guys, did you find something?" Yelled Logan as he ran in.

"Bella's mask. She was here." Ella says.

"I know she was." We looked and Logan strangely. "Tristan said there was something important they had to do. Then they left."

"They must have left before the thieves came." I said.

"You mean murderers. I found the mother's dead body down stairs." Logan said. "There was a weird mark on her arm. It looked like a skull."

"Something from our world was here." I say.

"We have no time to worry about that now. It's almost ten. The moon will rise soon and the battle will start." Ella warns.

"We have ten minutes!" Logan said. "How are we going to get there in time?"

"We'll take the jeep." I say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter doesn't seem to have anything to do with the story line. Trust me the next chapter will explain everything. And I mean everything. Comment and Vote!~Writergirlsoccer