Chapter 17-Training

Hey readers! I loved it how some of you gave your input on what will happen next. Well here's what you've been waiting for! Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

I was slung over Damien's back. I pounded on his back for him to let me go. I kept yelling to alert Dustin and the others. But it was no use. Damien had brought us into the cave.

It was all over. We were all to be murdered. Not even royalty can be an exception to the rules. I was brought up to hate werewolves. That all changed when he saved me. Now it was my turn to save him once again. But what could we do? They will always be searching for us. All around the world. We'd be criminals. Enemy number one.

Damien drops me, causing me to fall on my side against the cold, hard cave floor. "It's empty?" He says both with anger and confusion.

"It's empty?" I repeat softly as I look around the cave.

Damien was right. They must have heard me and ran. They were safe. But for how long? We all need to be more careful.

"You got all worked up about an empty cave? You're weird. Come on. Let's go train. So stop being weird." Damien commanded as he walked out of the cave.

I take one more glance around. No one was in sight. I let out a small sigh of relief. Damien calls my name. I turn around and run to catch up with him.

Dustin's P.O.V.

We heard Ella's screaming. She was yelling to be put down. I started to growl. I didn't want anyone hurting Ella. Rachael sets her hand on my shoulder to calm me down. She signals me to calm down. Ella was doing this to warn us. We went towards the back of the cave, behind all the rocks. There, Rachael leads Logan and I to a pile of rocks. She moves them away revealing a hidden passage. We all crawl through one at a time. When we're out I hear what sounds like a person falling on the ground. I let out a growl.

"Stop Dustin. She's a vampire, she'll be alright. She's safe." Rachael whispers.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Because you helped her enough as it is. Now if you really want to keep her safe we have to leave. If we don't they'll find us. Then we're all dead." She answers sternly.

I nod my head. We make our way back to the pack house. When we get there almost everyone is gone.

"Rachael how was the patrol? Find any bloody vampires?" Asks Brenden jokingly, in his English accent.

Brenden spent a lot of time in England to help in the war. When he is away, I am in charge as beta. It's hard work being in charge, but I do what I can for my pack.

"Nope, just Dustin and Logan on their patrols. Where is everyone?" Asks Rachael. She has an Australian accent. She grew up there for a while then her and her family moved here and joined our pack.

"Oh just out training. The attack is coming up. We'll strike them down on the perfect night." Answers Brenden.

"When's that?" I ask.

"Well not positive if we can attack the day as planned. A few of us who are still in school might have to skip for a while for training. We need to be prepared." Brenden replies solemnly.

"Does that mean everyone has to do intense training?" Asks Logan with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Yes. Well Dustin may not to do that intense of training. I bet he could easily break a vampire's bones then drive a steak through their cold, dead heart." Brenden says jokingly.

He's right though. I have trained since I was able to walk. Even before I could morph. I trained all my life to murder vampires. But how could I murder the friends and family of my beloved Ella? Or even have to kill my precious Ella? I need to find her. We need to leave. We need to come up with a plan of some sorts. If we don't, our time together will come to and end. Our days are numbered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

Damien and I soon ended up at the clearing where I often spend time with Dustin. Oh how I wish I knew if he was safe.

Harry is there along with a few other young vampires in our pack. Everyone is sparing. Just simple moves though, nothing to difficult. Mainly just simple kicks and punches. I can tell already that I am the strongest here. Many of them our falling or messing up. I have practiced these moves on my own for many years. They are no threat to anyone. Even those who are older than I.

Well I should have expected this. Damien is probably doing other training sessions with the more skillful ones. I guess he didn't want any of us to try something too advanced. Or upset those who are survivors of the battle in England with questions.

"Ella you spare with Harry." Damien commands, clearly still angry at me.

I walk over to Harry. He signals me to lean in closely for a minute.

He whispers in my ear. "Isn't that Dustin's sweatshirt?"

I look down at the sweatshirt that I was wearing. He was right. He could tell by the expression on my face. Damien must have been too angry to care. I quickly unzip the jacket. I wrap it around my waist. This way the size of it can not be determined.

"Spare." Sternly yelled Damien.

Harry and I get in our fighting position. He strikes with a few kicks and punches. Easily avoidable. After a few more failed hits, I start my attack. I go to hit him. He avoids it. As he ducks I kick his leg causing him to trip. I set my foot on his chest. We spare for another hour.

Damien then teaches us stalking position. Basically the two fighters circle each other. Staying about a diameter of three feet from each other. The steps have to be in perfect sync. The same as you would do as if you were stalking your prey. Hence the name of stalker position, or stalker walk.

After we learn and perfect the stalker walk we practice pouncing and strategy. We practice the perfect moment on which to turn and attack our enemies or anyone following us. This move is called the attacker pounce. As for strategy we practice basic attack formations we may have to do during the battle. We learn and memorize the attack calls and what they mean.

Soon everyone leaves. The only ones left were Damien and I. I go down by the lake to splash my face with cold water. Everyone went home to rest sore muscles and acing heads. I was still ready to fight strangely, considering all that has happened today. It was late now. Nearly midnight. I wanted to spend the night with Dustin. But I couldn't. He was probably training as well.

"Ella." Whispers a familiar voice.

I turn my head. It was Dustin standing by a tree, unaware of the dangers that were so close to him.