Chapter 7-I Don't Want To Lose You

Dustin's P.O.V.

"What?" That was the only word that could escape my lips.

I was confused and shocked. I know vampires and werewolves have been in battle for years but how did the war fall here? According to our sources the war was being fought in England, where the war started. How did it come here? No one else knew that Ella and her family were here. Or did they? But how did they find out?

"My father announced that we were at war. The rest of our pack is returning. Apparently both sides have fallen in England. I don't want to lose you in this war." Ella explained.

"I don't want to lose you either. I just find my mate and we're at war." I say sadly.

"We'll both have to fight in it. And many from both of our packs will die. That might include us."

I grab her hand. "Well until the day when the battle will take place I want to spend every minute I can with you here." I state starring into her eyes.

"I feel the same. But even in the time of battle we must fight hard. No matter what. Even if it comes down to you having to kill me." She states starring into my eyes.

How would she know if it'll end up me killing her? How does she know it won't be her killing me? Is she saying she'll end up letting me kill her? Or that she isn't strong enough? It can't be that. She may appear weak but she is stronger than any werewolf. What is she talking about?

I pull her close to me and we sit by the lake. It glows in the moon light. I don't want to leave that position. With her close in my arms starring into the beautiful river. I feel so safe. As if there is no such thing as war. Only that Ella and I are safe there together.

"Let's come here every day. It seems to be the only peaceful place around." Ella says.

"I agree." I say. Then something hits me. "What are we going to tell the others? In our packs."

"We'll say we're going out for a midnight stroll or do what I do. Sneak out. And we'll just have to get home before anyone wakes up." Ella suggests.

"Okay. What are we going to tell Logan about the war? Should we tell him?"

"Yeah we should. He can help cover for you."

"You really think things out don't you?"

"I have a gift for knowing things."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stay there talking for about another hour. Then we wake up Logan. I don't want to let Ella out of my arms.

"Dustin you have to let go. I need to get some sleep." She says.

I pick her up bridal style towards the tree and sit there. I lean against the tree.

"I'm not letting you go. So can you sleep like this, safely tucked in my arms, as we were like before by the river?" I ask.

"It seems as if I have no choice. Plus if I fall asleep you'll end up just holding me again. Also if someone attacks you'll end up waking me up no matter what." She says in a bit of a playful tone.

She snuggles up and falls asleep. She looks so beautiful. The light bounces off her skin perfectly. Her hair glistens as I stoke it.

"If you’re done starring lover-boy." Logan says.

I jump a little and then signal him to be quiet. When Logan was sleeping he was farther away. But Ella is right here. I'm such a sound sleeper sometimes. Logan and Ella could've talked regularly and I wouldn't even know. But if I wasn't injured I would hear even a fish breathe in the way fish do.

"What?" I whisper.

"Is she definitely your mate?" He whispers back.

"Yes. She knows too."

"When you going to mark her?"

Such a thought has never crossed my mind. "I'm not."

"You have to. If you don't mark her by the next full moon she'll no longer be your mate."

If you don't mark your mate a month after you find out that they are your mate they'll no longer be your mate.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Ella's a vampire. If she bites my neck she knows she'll get the urge to suck all my blood. Then she'll never forgive herself. I know that's what's going to happen."

Ella had explained this before. That's why she needed to hold Logan's arm. She would probably allow herself to be killed if she sucked all my blood. I can't put her through such pain.

"If you don't mark each other by the next full moon and you two do fall in love. You'll die. Or she might die. Either way you two need to mark each other. For the good of both of you." Logan says solemnly.

I no longer know what to do. If I mark her we're bound to each other forever. And if I don't one of us will die. It might be from a sickness or anything. And judging by what's been going on, it might happen at any moment.

"I'll tell her we have to mark each other when the time is right. For now I should give you the bad news."

"What?" Logan asks nervously.

"The war is now here."

"But it was in England."

"Both sides must have failed. Ella's pack is coming and-"

"More vampires! We have to tell the alpha!" Logan panicked.

"No." I say firmly.

"What?" Logan asks both confused and hopeless.

"We're not going to reveal their location. Ella is my mate and I will do everything I can to protect her and her pack."

"Even go against your own?"

"But it won't be going against my pack if we don't tell them we know Ella."

"I don't know."

"Logan, for your whole life you have obeyed the pack rules and have only has had me as a friend. Now you have another friend in Ella. But to keep your new friend safe you have to disobey the rules. She's doing the same for us."

"How do you know?"

"If she told them wouldn't we probably be dead? Also would she have saved me if she was against us?"

"Fine. I won't tell unless it's a life threatening situation. I promise." Logan finally gave in.

It was about time to wake Ella up. I stoke her beautiful hair. Her head was positioned on my chest. I was holding her hand. She had her legs out as I did. I get closer to her ear.

"Wake up my sweet Ella." I whisper in her ear.

She slowly opens her eyes. She then lifts her head off my chest and leans against the tree.

"How come you guys didn't wake me up like that?" Asked Logan.

"You want Dustin to wake you up by stoking your hair and whispering 'wake up my sweet Logan' in your ear like he did for me?" Ella asks.

"Good point. Well the least you guys could have done is at least nudge me awake instead of rolling me over. I am keeping your secret you know."

"And I'm keeping yours so we're even." Ella laughed.

It was just an amazing night. But the next day is Saturday and who knows if that thing is coming out again and what it is.