Chapter 37-We Have to Leave

Ella's P.O.V.

I heard the footsteps of the hunters. I know they must be fleeing. They are lucky that I'm distracted. If I wasn't, they would be dead.

I picked up Dustin and ran at top speed to the cave. When I arrived I lied him down behind the rock. I took out the first aid kit. Dustin started to wake up. I took the sleep syrup and gave him some. He fell right back to sleep.

I ran out with the rags to the nearest water source. I got back in a minute flat. I soaked up the blood with the rags.

I took a deep breath and hoped this wouldn't hurt him. I jabbed multiple points on his wounded leg. I had learned this technique from Holly. It numbs parts of the body.

I put on the sanitized gloves and took the tweezers. I had to extract the bullet. I quickly took his pulse. Slow, but working. I dug the tweezers into his wound. I did my best not to damage anything. This us my first time doing this sort of procedure on anything living.

I got the bullet. I carefully pulled it out. I placed the bullet on the ground. I took the bandages and wrapped them tightly around his wound.

When I was done, I sat against the cave wall. I grabbed the hunting bag. I knelled down by Dustin. I unclenched his fist and placed my knife in it. I then went to look for food. I know he'll be hungry when he wakes up.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I woke up to the smell of smoke. I sprung up. I was looked around. There was a camp fire. Near it was Ella. She was holding a stick with squirrel meat on it.

"You should stay calm. You aren't suppose to get worked up." She said with out even a glance at me. She got up and sat next to me. She handed me the stick of meat. "Eat."

I take it and start to eat. "What happened?" I ask.

"We were being followed. I saw the gun. I screamed in hopes that they wouldn't shoot. Instead I messed up their aim. The bullet got deep into your leg. I removed and healed you." She explains.

"Why can't I feel my leg?" I ask.

"I had to numb your leg so you wouldn't feel the pain and wake up. You should regain feeling again in a little while." She said.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She twisted something in between her fore finger and thumb. "Just be glad they were amateurs or really stupid." I shoot her a confused look. "They shot you which could mean that they were planning to or they were just really stupid. If they were planning on shooting you then they were amateurs for using lead bullets." She explained.

"Why would they be hunting us though?" I asked.

"That's the one thing I can't figure out." Ella said.

She looked closer at the bullet. She then chucked it into the fire.

Ella's P.O.V.

I didn't like the sight of bullets. I can't get the feeling out of my head. It can't be. What was that? Millions of questions raced through my mind. I needed to figure out what was going on.

"You okay?" Dustin asked.

I must have zoned out. "Yeah."

"We're in more danger than we expected, aren't we?" He asked.

"Probably." I said softly. I didn't like where this was going.

"We have to go back." He said. My eyes grew wide. "We keep getting ourselves in more danger out here. We need to go back."

"But the attacks."

"We might die out here if we stay. I want to keep you for as long as I can. If that means going back then we have to."

"I don't know. It's only a matter of days." I trailed off. I didn't want to continue.

He looked me strait in the eye. "Please. Since we have gotten here it's been a pattern of us getting hurt. If that continues then you'll be next. It might be more serious than before."

"Okay." I say softly.

"We'll leave when my leg is better." Says Dustin.

"Okay." I say softly.

He laid back down. I rested my head against his chest. He put an arm around me. "I don't want to  let you out of my sights. If you're in danger call. I'll come no matter what." He whispers.

Dustin was standing over Bella. She was coughing blood. She was dying. Logan attacked Dustin. Logan knelled next to Bella. He was too late. She was dead. A gun shot. Logan was dead. A piercing scream. Dustin was dead.

I was in a dark place. Something approached me. It was in a dark cloak. I was crying. I wanted to take everything back.

The dark cloak shook it's head 'no'. "You cannot take any of this back Eleanor. This is the future, it cannot be changed. But the past can be.

"They are coming for you. They'll destroy anyone they need to. They are clever. They shall not make themselves known until they are certain they shall win."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such a short chapter. The next one I'll try to make longer. Only a few chapters left! Comment and Vote!!~Writergirlsoccer