Chapter 50-Marking

Second to last chapter!! This book certainly came a long way. I never imagined that it would get as many reads as it has. Vote and Comment!!!~Writergirlsoccer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin's P.O.V.

I landed hard on my back. I, luckily, landed in a clear place. A skeleton solider strikes at us with it's sword. I quickly rolled over causing the sword to strike the ground. The sword was stuck in the ground. I got to it first and cut the skeleton in half. More came at me.

I looked around. I couldn't see anyone. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw Ella. She was on her back with her eyes shut. I fought my way over to her. She started to twitch. A look of pain was on her face.

Skeletons tried to attack. I fought them off. I didn't let them get near Ella. She was still twitching. The skeletons stopped attacking us and went for others. I knelt by Ella. She was still breathing. I checked her pulse. It was hard to find it because it is so soft. Her heart was racing. Her face tightened. She was in great pain.

The pain from not marking her. She's dying. I think. I have to mark her. If I don't, she'll never awaken.

I lift her up slightly. I put my face close to her neck. I allowed my canines to brush her skin. I searched for a spot to mark her. Once I found it I took a deep breath. My canines broke the skin and went deep into her veins. Once the process was done I pulled back and licked the wound, causing it to heal.

Her eyes opened slowly. She smiled weakly. Her face fell as quickly as it came. "Where are the others?" She asked, her voice barley audible.

"I don't know." I answer.

Ella's P.O.V.

I knew I landed hard on my head. I felt something cut part of it as I fell. I started to lose consciousness.

You're going to pay for trying to stop me. Tristan said in a raspy voice. He was talking to me through telepathy. I will crush your mind.

I felt my brain ripping apart. The pain made my body twitch and my face to tighten. I was unable to move otherwise. He was preventing me from doing anything. He was going to make sure I died.

I felt a familiar warmth kneel next to my cold, twitching body. Dustin checks my breathing and heart rate. He lifted me up and I felt something familiar brush against my neck. I felt afraid yet safe. Teeth dug into my flesh and into my blood steam.

Calm down Eleanor. You are in safe hands. Said the voice soothingly.

What's happening? I asked.

Dustin is marking you. If he wasn't, you'll be dead in a matter of seconds. Most of the pain you feel is from your body dying from not being marked. This might happen to Dustin  if you don't mark him. The voice explained.

Why is my body dying from not being marked? I asked.

In werewolf history, if you find your mate you must mark them before the full cycle of the moon. If you don't, your mate's body will start to die of a broken heart. Once you are mated you are to be only with your mate for the rest of eternity. It explains.

What happened if you leave your mate? I asked. I was curious to find out everything I can about mating while I have the chance.

If you leave your mate then you are never to be together again. The mark is broken if you kiss someone else. If this happens you are never able to mark another ever again. It says solemnly.