5. Dismorphophobia

(Just so you all know, the reason I am updating so quickly, which probably means my writing is not at its best standard, is because I have another idea for a story and if you know how I work, I simply can't do two stories at once. It would mean they would both be bad stories and I would much rather have one good story than two bad stories. Now, on with the story!)

Dismorphophobia - Fear of Being Ugly

*Norah Cohen*

  Last night, at Owen's party, I finally spoke to Sean and got to hang out with him. I owe Owen so much, same with Kim. I was with Sean the whole evening and it felt amazing.

  He was wearing skinny jeans and a top from one of those popular but very expensive shops. He had a dress sense compared to other boys. Throughout the party, he was so smooth. I wish I could be as laid back as him.

  On the bouncy castle, I accidentally bounced right into him, but he was so cool about it. We all just laughed it off. It was brilliant. We also sat by the little fireplace in the corner of Owen's garden, roasting marshmellows then scoffing them in our mouths. It was so amazing! There was even a slow dance at one point and you'll never guess who he asked for me to dance: me! I trod on his feet several times but he found it really funny.

  That evening, when it was time for me to leave, Sean was talking to me.

  "Thanks so much for such a great night," he said, then he got some of my hair and pulled it behind my ear so it was out of my face. "Do you wanna meet up sometime? You know... Just you and me?"

  Of course, I just had to say yes. It was what I had wanted for a while and I finally had it. So I did and we are going on a date the Saturday after! Well, that's what Kim calls it anyway. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her. She was over the moon. Some could even say she was more excited than me!

  Flo was there at the time and she was just as happy as I was. Kim turned to Flo, she was about attack her with loads of questions, and Flo was ready.

  "So, any luck with your love life last night, Flo?" she asked.

  "Nah, nothing really," Flo responded. "I left early."

  "I thought I saw you dancing with a boy earlier in the disco," Kim said.

  "Yeah, same here," I pointed out.

  "Well, I didn't dance or hang out with anyone, OK?" Flo stomped out my house without saying another word. I felt bad that we asked Flo questions, but we didn't mean any harm. I let her leave so she could go and burn off some steam.

  Kim was planning what I should wear and everything, but the thing is, I don't care. She must think I was dismorphophobic or something. I have no fear of being ugly because I honestly don't care about how I look. Kim told me that was a good thing because it means I would be more happy which makes me look better, but a girl needs to look like she made an effort at least.

  "What did you do at the party last night?" I asked as Kim brushed and styled my hair.

  "Oh you know... Stuff," in the reflection of the mirror, I saw her smiling innocently and looking up at the ceiling.

  "Who did you meet?" I asked.

*Kim Franklin*

  'To Ash, 
  I went to Owen's party last night and I had the most amazing time! It was just, oh my gosh I loved it! Norah finally spoke to Sean and they are going on a date next Saturday. I am so excited for them! 
  Love Kim x'

  'To Kim, 
  Glad your friend has found her love, now have you found yours? Come on, you must have started chatting up somebody at the party! 
  Love Ash x'