Chapter 59

CHAPTER 59:

TRIS' POV:

I wake up, and feel Tobias' arms wrapped protectively around me. His head is nuzzled into my back.

I look at the clock, and it reads 10:30 a.m.

We slept in late!

I manage to wiggle out of Tobais' grasp without waking him, and head to the shower.

I think about yesterday. I am finally married to the love of my life. I smile to myself.

A scary thought crosses my mind.

Will he want children right away? Oh God, I hope not.

I step out of the shower, and get ready for the day.

When I walk into our bedroom, I don't see Tobias. Where is he?

I suddenly feel someone grab my waist, and I scream, terrified.

I spin around quickly, and see that it's just Tobias. He was trying to scare me. It definitely worked.

Tears collect in my eyes, and I start to cry. I thought it was someone trying to take me again. Like Peter, and Marcus did.

"Tris? I'm sorry, I didn't think I could scare you that easily." He says concerned.

I look down, still crying.

"Tris, why are you still crying? It was just a joke." He says quietly, sounding guilty.

He pulls me in for a hug.

"Tobias..." I croak out. "I thought if was someone who would take me... Like Marcus and Peter did." I cry into his chest.

"Oh, Tris. I'm so, so sorry. I didn't know you would think that. Please forgive me." He says.

"It's ok. I'm being a coward, and I need to get over it."

"You are no coward Tris. It will take a few years for you to get over it. It would take anyone who has been through what you have, years to get over it." He reassures me.

I stop crying, and and look at him. He still looks guilty.

"Tobias, I'm alright, you did nothing wrong." I say, pressing the palm of my hand to his cheek.

He kisses me softly, and my growling stomach interrupts us.

We both laugh.

"Let's go eat." He suggests.

_______________________________

When we get to the cafeteria, Chris looks mad.

"Why'd you cancel the reception?" She asks.

"Christina, we had to."

"Oh? Were you doing a little addition? Multiplication?" She says wiggling her eyebrows.

I laugh remembering the last time she said that.

"No. Definitely not." I answer.

"Tris you really need to get over your fear. Do you want children?" She asks.

I nod. "Not right now though."

"Well if you want kids, you need to get over it." She says.

"Chris it's not that easy--"

"It's pretty easy." She says.

"Not when you're from Abnegation..." I mumble.

She just shrugs.