Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

TRIS' POV:

Samuel and I are walking down a long, narrow hallway. I avoid eye contact with him.

"What's wrong Tris?" He asks. I shudder, still bothered by how everyone knows who I am.

"Nothing." I say, trying not to give him any signs that I'm lying.

"Tris, I know you're lying. I was Candor." His answer surprises me. He was from Chicago? Wait, Al was Candor before he transferred to Dauntless. Could this really be him?

"Fine. You look like my dead friend." I answer. I feel my face get hot.

"Al?" He asks. I gasp. Is this really Al?

"How do you know that?" I ask, raising my voice a little.

"I was his big brother..." He answers. A sad look crosses his face.

"I'm sorry." I say guiltily. I made Al do what he did.

"Here we are." Samuel says. We are in front of a blue door marked "restroom". Sam looks around, leans down to my right ear, and whispers, "I'm gonna get you out of here." I look at him flabbergasted.

"Soon." He says. I nod. And with that I go into the restroom.

___________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! If you like this story, please recommend it to others. I'm very sad to say it, but I'm not getting many reads.😔

Next chapter is Tobias' POV! Thanks for reading!