Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

TOBIAS' POV:

"I'm ok." Tris says, blushing and looking down. She must've just realized how little she was wearing. I've never seen her like that before. She's still trying to get over her 7th fear. I'm not focusing on what she looks like right now, I just want her to walk away from this unscathed.

Marcus slowly unwinds his belt from its loops. No. He wouldn't.

Yes, he would. If it meant that it would hurt me and my loved ones. He defiantly wouldn't pass up the chance to hurt me, or anyone important to me.

"This is for your own good." Marcus says.

Memories of how afraid I was before my beatings flood my mind.

"Don't you dare touch her!" I yell. Please, don't let this be happening!

"Too late." Marcus says smirking.

He whips Tris' beautiful face, and blood pours out of the wound.

"TRIS!" I yell.

Please go unconscious! You can escape the pain! I beg with her in my mind.

Tris is crying now, and my heart breaks.

Marcus whips her 3 more times, before she is out cold.

But he doesn't care. He keeps whipping.

"STOP! YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH! NO, YOU'VE DONE TOO MUCH! SHE'S UNCONCIOUS CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I instantly regret it, when he says, "Because of what you said, when she comes to, it will be much, much worse."

Oh no. Now she'll be hurt even worse. Because of me.

I put my head in my hands, and feel something wet. Tears. I guess I'd been crying while he was hurting her. It makes sense. I hate seeing her hurt, and in pain.

I break down into loud sobs. What if she doesn't make it out.....alive?

When I quiet down, I try and think if ways out of here.

Suddenly I hear a knocking on the door. Who could it be?

"Four, are you in there?" A voice asks. I recognize that voice. It's Zeke!

I sniffle, trying to compose myself before I speak.

"Yeah, it's me," My voice cracks because of the crying. "I'm locked in, could you help me?" I ask.

"Sure buddy, just a second." I hear a click, and the door opens.

"How'd you do that?" I ask. He holds up a penny. I nod.

What's up man, have you been crying?" Dang it, he noticed.

"Um, yeah." I reply sheepishly.

"Why?" He asks. I show him a replay of Tris' beating, and start to cry again.

"I'm sorry man. This is terrible. We need to help her." He reaches over to pat me on the back, but drops his shiny, copper penny. It rolls under the door, and we shrug.

"How do we help her, if we don't know where she is?" I ask.

"I don't know, we'll just have to look around." He answers.

We start toward the door, and I hear yet another *click*. I try the doorknob, but it won't budge. I'm locked in again.

I grunt out of frustration.

"We're stuck in here." I whine.

"Ugh, and I dropped my penny," Zeke complains.

Tris pops up on the screen again, her cheek swollen.

"TRIS! Are you ok?" I ask worried.

"Tobias..." She cries. I'll take that as a no.

I start to panic. I can't help her.

Then, I see what Marcus has in his hands. Zeke gasps, and so do I. He never used that on me.

"This is for your own good, Tobias."

__________________________________

A/N: Hey! Thank y'all SO much for all the support! You're the best!

Also, thank you for all of the reads! I never thought this many people would read my story. I didn't even think 100 people would read it! Now it's almost at 700!

Love you guys! (In the least creepy way possible)

Be brave. <4