Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

TRIS' POV:

"Join the club." I say to a crying Christina.

I couldn't hold my tears back any longer, so I hide in Tobias' chest. I don't want to look like a pansycake.

"You'll always have me you know. I won't leave." Tobias whispers. I know if I spoke, I'd choke on my words, so I just nod.

When I finally compose myself, I ask Tobias, "Where will we sleep?"

I can see the wheels turning in his head.

"Zeke, is anyone living in my apartment?" He asks.

"Not that I know of." Zeke replies.

"Let's go Tris." Tobias whispers in my ear.

I stand up and straighten my T-Shirt. I notice Christina, still sobbing into her hands, and Uriah trying to comfort her.

I walk quietly over to her, and embrace her.

"We'll get through this. Me and you. And, we won't be completely alone. We have each other. And Uriah, Zeke, and Tobias. You'll never be alone, I promise." I whisper soothingly.

She looks at me and smiles through the curtain of tears on her soft, delicate face.

"Thank you Tris." She whispers back.

I take Tobias' hand, and together, we head off to his empty apartment.

When we get there, Tobias walks in and looks around to make sure no one's there. He nods, as if to say 'coast is clear'.

I walk into the bedroom, and see the words 'Fear God Alone' written on the wall. I remember the first time I saw it. Right after Peter, Drew, and...Al, attacked me.

Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by a voice.

"It's gone. Everything is gone. They must've cleaned this place out." Tobias says sadly.

"I'm sorry Tobias." I say sympathetically.

"It's ok. I didn't have anything important in here anyways." I can tell he's lying. I'll talk to him about it later. "I'm going to Zeke's to see if he has any spare sheets and comforters we can borrow. Wanna come?"

"No thanks. I think I'll hop in the shower." I reply.

"Ok, see you soon." He says, kissing my left cheek.

I walk into the empty bathroom, and lock the door. I look in the dirty mirror, and see a tired, fragile girl. It's me. I have dark circles under my eyes, and my hair is oily, thin, and unkempt. I needs to fix this.

I start taking off my shirt. I drop it on the floor, and turn the shower on, still in my bra and jeans.

I hear shuffling behind me, and I turn around. Seeing nothing, I turn back around and shrug my shoulders.

Standing in front of the mirror, I unbutton my blue jeans, not yet sliding them down my thin, bony legs.

I hear shuffling again. I turn around, frightened. Something hits me in the back of the skull. A sharp pain shoots through my body, and I sink to the floor. My eyes widen when I see my attacker. It's.................. I lose consciousness, not getting to finish that sentence in my mind.

___________________________________

A/N: OOOOH CLIFFY! Who do y'all think it is?

I've gotten way more reads than I ever thought I would! Thank you SO MUCH! Be brave. 😘 <4

DISCLAIMER: ALL RIGHTS TO THE AMAZING VERONICA ROTH!