Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

TRIS' POV:

Tobias finished his speech about how beautiful, and amazing he thinks I am, and I hug him as tight as I can manage.

"I love you." I choke out. Tears of joy spring from my eyes.

"I love you too." He says kissing the top of my head.

When I finally calm down, Tobias asks, "Still need to go to the bathroom?" He smirks.

"Yeah, get out." I say, pushing him playfully. He smiles and walks away.

I brush my shirt off, and use the restroom.

After washing my hands, I carefully walk back into the kitchen.

"Do you have my pain medication?" I ask.

"Yeah. Just a second." He answers. Tobias gets up and grabs my medicine.

"Here." He hands me 2 pills and a glass of water.

"Thanks." I say. He nods.

"So, you wanna go to the cafeteria?" Tobias asks.

"Yeah. But, can we go slow? I want to try and walk by myself." I suggest.

"Sure. But do you think it's a good idea?" He asks.

"No. But I'm Dauntless." I reason.

"Good point." He smiles. "Let's go."

I get up slowly, but surely.

My cuts, and bruises are still healing. It'll be a while until I'm my old self again. I can't jump on and off of trains, I can't go zip-lining, and I can't train. It's pathetic.

When we eventually reach the cafeteria, I sit at our normal table with Uri, Christina, and Zeke, and Shauna.

Shauna never came to see me... Whatever, I shrug it off.

Tobias brings back hamburgers, and if course, Dauntless cake. Yum.

"Thanks." I say.

"Hi guys." I say. I receive a chorus of "hey's" and "hi's". But not from Shauna...

"Shauna?" I say, trying to get her attention.

"Umm, who are you?" She asks.

What?!?

I look at Zeke, and he mouths, "She's not Divergent." Oh no. That means the Bureau erased her memory. I give him a sympathetic look.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Tris." I introduce myself. This feels weird.

"Hi. What happened to you?" She asks.

"Umm..." I stutter, tears spilling over my cheeks.

"She...She just got into a fight." Tobias saves me. He puts a strong arm around me.

I lean next to his ear and whisper shakily, "H-How did Marcus remember us?" I shudder when I say his name.

He looks surprised. "I-I guess he was Divergent..."

___________________________________

A/N: Hi! You guys are AMAZING! Awesome comments! So many reads! ILYSM! (In the least creepy way possible.😜)

Thanks!

COMMENT!

Be brave.