XLIII.

Symphoni "Sym" Peterson. (AMARU & SYM in the MM)

"This is sexual harassment, you know?" I said peeking back at the guard patting my body.

All he needed to do was put me through the metal detector.

"She's clean, man." Another guy spoke up looking at me.

I lowly thanked him before walking towards the visiting area. Inside inmates talked amongst their own family and friends.

Cute babies cried, mothers cried, and even inmates seemed angry. I can see why.

My assigned guard led me to an empty table. Privacy is a thing I have to have but I know that's the thing I should least expect in place like this.

Hearing a throat clear I looked up into Amaru's eyes. I fought the urge to cry, standing up. We hugged and kissed each other briefly.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks. You hungry? I can get you something to eat."

"Nah, I'm full from yesterday."

".... Okay I guess." I shrugged never taking my eyes off his guard.

"Sit down."

"Oh yeah, my bad." I apologized. Taking a seat where I had sat before, I couldn't fight the smile that appeared on my face seeing Amaru seemingly healthy and well.

We took a moment to look over one another. Even though his usual jewelry and bald haircut was gone I still could see Amaru in there.

The lostness in his eyes was evident.

"Amora has 3 and a half weeks left, yeah?" Nodding my head I rubbed my belly.

"I'm almost finished, babe."

"Is She negative?"

"Yes." I smiled.

"What you been up to these last few weeks? I've missed you."

"You did?"

"If I didn't mean it I wouldn't have said it." He smartly replied.

"That's hard to believe since you took almost 2 months to put the mother of your child on the visitors list. What's up with that, Amaru?"

"I'm sorry. I was going through some shit."

"We all are. This wasn't the time to shut me out, understand?"

"I've been trying to picture myself in Zane's position but remain silent. At first I thought of me ending up either dead or in prison but you ruled that out. I know I'm not the man of your dreams or where you saw yourself, however I'm what you've always looked for in a man. Even though we've been together sexually and ended our relationship you remain my friend. I am sorry I shut you out."

"What happened?" I uttered keeping my eyes on his.

The guard was watching us intensely, nevertheless he didn't say anything or make a move to bother Amaru.

My baby's cuffed hands reached up, caressing the side of his cheek. My eyes welled up with tears seeing the scars he'd probably have for the rest of his life.

"Visiting time is over." The guard announced, making me almost jump.

Amaru's eyes travelled from mine up at the guard motioning he'd done it to him.

"Get me out of here." He mumbled as the guard lifted him up. I kissed his lips quickly.

I watched in horror while the man checked him. Afterwards he was taken back to his cell.