IV.

Jackie & Carmen in MM🐸

Symphoni "Sym" Peterson.

"You love to decline calls but when I break into your house you want to be breathing. Wake your ass up!" Jackie's loud obnoxious voice squealed ending my slumber.

"Can you please quiet down? I'm tired."

"No, because I feel some type of way." She rambled, walking in circles around my room. "I called you last night to make sure you were good and you didn't answer. I said okay cool, she might be sleep. Then I called AGAIN, only for Leo to answer. So what's really good with y'all?"

"Can you not scream?"

"I'm cute, he ain't cute. What's up with that? I've been your girl for a long time. This is cold, Sym. How you gonna leave me out like that?"

Throwing the closest pillow to me, I allowed it to land on Jackie's face

"That's exactly what you get. Now there's lipstick on it."

Not even bothering to argue with her, I went into the bathroom and handled my hygiene routine.

When I returned she was still going off at the mouth so I just got dressed and started on my makeup.

"I hope you understand that was rude, right?" She concluded as I sprayed my face with setting spray.

"I do. And I'm sorry for not answering. I was just so stoned."

"Well that's good. Just don't not answer your phone. I love you too much. I almost died."

"I'm sorry, boo bear. I like him."

"You do?" She smiled, handing over my pills and a glass of water.

"I do. He's sweet, intelligent, and fun. But we'll see what the next time holds."

"Next time? Let's plan the baby shower and wedding."

"Hold on now, I've gotta handle some other things first." I finalized after taking my pills.

"Well at least you've found someone worth the while. Dakota's stupid ass acts like I don't know he's still seeing his baby moms. He thinks I'm stupid."

"What are you gonna do?"

"To be honest, I don't know. I had just started liking him, too. But no nigga will ever be likable enough for me to risk the self respect I have. I'm sorry. It's just not gonna happen."

"That's good. Your mom taught you well."

"Don't you give these niggas none if they can't make you rich or cum. I might have to keep him cause his dick is bomb. So what were y'all up to last night? Seemed like y'all were a little busy." She winked before going through my makeup.