V.

Symphoni Peterson. (IN MM W/ Leo)

"We're here, ma'am." Jumping up from my sleep, I wiped the corners of my mouth. 

I sat in the driveway of a three story house. From the outside I could tell it was beautiful inside.

"Thank you sir. Have a safe night."

"You too, ma'am." I gave him a small smile before stepping out.

Closing the car door softly, I didn't worry about anything else. All I wanted to do was get to Amaru's rescue.

As a replacement for Amaru, a huge dog sat looking me up and down. He growled lowly.

"Good boy." I smiled through my fear, turning to run only to bump into Amaru. "Shit."

"That's my daughter. Paris, say what's up to your step moms."

Barking at me softly now, I waved at the dog that seemed less of a giant.

"How old is she?"

"Two years old. What you doing back here?"

"You said to meet you in your backyard."

"Baby, look right there." He pointed to a dimly lit area. "That's where I wanted you to go. Not in a dogs cage."

"Just walk with me out of here. I'm scared of your daughter."

"In no time y'all will be best friends."

"Yeah." I looked off to the side, knowing that wouldn't happen ever. I could see hatred in that dogs eyes.

It's like when she seen me, she just knew what I was to him. Dogs are very territorial.

"Want some?" He offered. I looked at what he was offering shaking my head.

"Why are you drinking hard liquor like this? It's not healthy."

"I'm going through shit right now. Either you be here for me, or you can dip. I really can't stand to hear the bullshit." He shrugged.

Taking a peek at his backyard, I laughed lowly.

"What's so funny?"

"You."

"How exactly am I funny? I'm telling you real shit right now. Watch your attitude."

"And if I don't? What are you gonna do? Bust this bottle upside my head?"

"No, chill. You just need to shut the fuck up with the nagging." I couldn't even look at this fool right now.

Then he had the nerve to sit down across from me.

"Well why the fuck would you convince me to come to your rescue at three in the morning? If you wanted someone to take your anger out on, it could've been that mean ass dog."

"Paris ain't got shit to do with this. Don't bring her into this."

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed, hitting my hands on the table. "I ain't got shit to do with this, either. You bringing me out of my comfort zone and shutting the door in my face at the same time when I just came into your life. Fuck happened to you today?"

"Shut the fuck up!" He snapped, making me jump.

He didn't even move to comfort me. He rushed into his house, slamming the door leaving me outside.

"Is this nigga really serious?" I asked myself.

When the mosquitos ate me up I let it fly. But when he turned the lights OFF, and it had been half an hour I opened my eyes to how cold he was really being right now.